Chapter 8 - Hiding Emotions

Zacznij od początku

He closed the door behind me, then dragged me along beside him, our hips touching against each other as we walked. 

"Don't leave my sight, ok? Who knows what Jess might have planned." Charlie hissed, giving me a wary glance. I swallowed hard, nodding, attempting to let the thoughts slide. I forced a smile onto my lips, reassuringly squeezing his hand.

"Char, I'm sure it's just to have a bit of a break. We can think about all the drama tomorrow." I reassured, letting out a heavy breath as we neared the party, the music sounding louder and louder after every step we took.

"Ok, be careful." Charlie mumbled, gently stroking my hand with his thumb.

"We'll see everyone again." I pointed out, my heart racing from the thought of seeing everyone again after not seeing them for such a long time. My stomach twisting up into thousands of knots, excitement washing through me. 

"Yeah." He chuckled beside me, "I wander if Freya will be there?" Charlie wandered. I shrugged, frowning slightly, remembering how she was the girl who gave me a makeover yet had no idea what she was doing it for. 

"Maybe." I shrugged in response.

*•*•*•*

We finally reached the party after a few more minutes of walking. The music blasted through the air, almost bursting my ear drums. People were making out with each other or throwing up or passed out in the front yard. I cringed at the sight, tightening my grip around Charlie's hand, making sure to not lose him.

We strolled up the several wide steps that led towards Jess's house, my eyes opening widely in shock from realising how huge her house truly is. It's got 5 floors, looking more like a mansion than anything. Her family must be so rich.

"You ok?" Charlie asked, his voice raising now from the loud noise of people around us along with the sound of the music. I swallowed hard as I reluctantly nodded my head, feeling my palms sweat in nerves.

"Yeah, lets go." I hurried, dragging Charlie along inside the house, instantly being swarmed by hundreds of people. Disco lights were hung from the ceiling, reflecting down on people's dancing figures. The area is a massive room with bars and tables everywhere, along with booths surrounding the ends of the room. Then there's a kitchen to one side of the room where people are getting drinks to. Along with a lounge opposite to the kitchen where people are playing games or making out on the sofas.

I let out a heavy sigh, securely grasping Charlie's hand as I lead us towards a bar, attempting to move the masses of people out of our way so we can pass.

I let out a heavy sigh of relief as we reached it, instantly leaning against the bar along with Charlie.

"Double vodka and coke please!" I chirped to the bartender. He nodded in my direction, a seductive smirk making its way onto his lips as he winked at me, grabbing a glass.

"Alright, bellissimo" he replied, pouring the drink. I gave him a confused glance, feeling Charlie's arm suddenly drape around my waist, pulling me close against him.

"What does that mean?" I questioned, knitting my eyebrows together in confusion. A low chuckle escaped his lips, his mysterious dark eyes peering over at me, as his jet black hair flopped over his eyes due to his hair being tousled.