Ch. 24 ~ News Flash

Mona POV

I was on my knees yelling at the white porcelain god as it flushed my gluttony away. I had taken all three pregnancy tests and one came back positive as the other two came back negative. This was totally bullshit!

I was more depressed now then before my mother opened her big mouth. I was just fine. Now she had stirred up emotions that should have remained dormant.

I had sat on the sofa with my mother eating junk food. I had refused to take another test so she called my godsister, Dr. Tiffany Townsend and I would find out in the morning.

"I thought these tests were accurate?"

"They normally are. I'm not sure what went wrong."

"I knew this was a mistake. I let you talk me into doing this and now... urgh! I won't be able to sleep tonight." I was right, I ate so much junk I threw up.

"I'm sorry, but I think you are, honey."

"If I am and he doesn't want a child right now then what?"

"If he truly loves you then you shouldn't have to worry."

"I think he does but I don't want this to interfere with us. The whole relationship is so brand new and there are still things we don't know about each other."

"I think you are overreacting Mona. You sometimes are so much harder on yourself than you should be," she said passing me a wash cloth.

I wiped my face and started to brush my teeth. When I was finished and turned around, my mother had her arms wide open and I walked into them.

"If he doesn't want to raise this baby then you and I can. He would be a fool not to want to be a part of this child's life."

"Thanks mama."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to hear laughter coming from downstairs. I quickly put on my robe and wrapped my hair with a scarf. The high pitch laughed came from my mother. I took the stairs one at a time and nearly fell backwards when I saw his face.

"Hey baby?" Ian said walking up to me. My eyes darted from him to my mother. She had turned completely around with a huge grin on her face.

"I thought you had business?"

"I finished up early and I figured you might need a date to the gala. Do you mind if I'm your date?"

"Uhm no, of course not. It's formal."

"Came prepared. Your mother was gracious enough to let me stay here and we can go back in the morning as soon as we wake up."

"Did she now," I looked back at my mother as she pretended to be reading her paper.

It had just dawned on me I was wearing a headscarf looking like Aunt Jemima.

"I need to get dressed."

"Wait, no kiss? You're not happy to see me?"

"Of course I am it's just... I look absolutely horrible. I didn't think you would see me like this so soon."

"Baby we are moving in together in two days. I didn't expect you to be sleeping in makeup and hair all done," he said pulling me in his embrace. He leaned down to kiss me and I turned my cheek.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked a little concerned.

"No, I just... I just haven't brushed my teeth yet, that's all."

"I don't care. Come here," he said holding me tighter. "Have you forgotten that we wake up in the same bed and I have never complained about your breath so what's wrong? Talk to me."