Chapter 13: Intensive Care

She stood up and walked past me to the window. It was dripping with condensation and sweat. She brung her hand up past her face and put it against the glass. "I wonder what it's like; out side I mean. What would people think of me. What are people like these days." She asked inquisitively. I giggled slightly at her remark.
"You really don't want to know."

I want to see people again
I want to leave this place and quit this ass of a job but I can't bring myself to
I want to breathe fresh, spring air
I want to live again

"Where are the keys?" She asked, scanning my body slowly.
"Here." I stated, patting my denim pocket.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Go for it."
"Can you take me somewhere?"
"Like where?"
"Anywhere, somewhere outside and away from here."
I really wanted to make her happy because I loved her. I looked at her for a while as she continued to look out the steaming glass.
"Do you want to go outside- with me I mean?
"Yes I would love to!" I then walked to her ,with a limp, and hugged her tight. She saved me, the least I could do was take her for a day trip. It was going to be difficult, getting us both out but I owed her. I hobbled towards the door, pulling my burning leg along behind. I unlocked the door and got a waft of cold ,yet warming air; it was refreshing and revitalising. "I don't think I can do this." She said but I gave no reply as u took her gently by the arm.
All doubt left her mind as she looked at her new surroundings. As I locked the door behind me, she was smelling, looking and hearing as if all her senses had been turned on for the first time. She was an inquisitive girl and the institute seemed all so new and modernised compared to the last look she had of it.
To get out we need to head through either the Male Ward or continue throughout the Intensive Care Ward. Within the Intensive Care Ward was solitary confinement, mental health care and the rehabilitation unit.
I asked her a simple question, "Left or right."
"Right." She said, seeming ever so confident. I rolled my eyes...
She chose Intensive Care...

The Girl in the AsylumOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara