Chapter 3: Bloody windows are my favourite

I began to step back in shock as she was mute for years. "Don't leave," she demanded ever so quietly, "that's what he wants."
She was now shaking like a leaf. I put out my hand and walked towards the trembling wreck on the floor. "Take my hand, it'll all be okay." She jolted completely upright and grabbed my wrist tight and yanked my body down so it was slumped over at her level.
"No. It won't be okay, it won't. It's what he wants you to think." She uttered, her eyes now locked with mine. "He wants you dead."
As she spoke the curtains behind her flew up. She scuttled under the table and cowered with surrender. I walked over to her, scraping my feet across the ground- I could barely feel my body anymore, it was tingling with a numbing sensation. I was now shaking. "Don't let him know you're scared. It's what he wants."
Part of me wanted to leave, the rest wanted to stay; so I stayed. I sat with her until she calmed down. She nudged my arm and walked over to a painting.
This painting was of a fruit bowl; just a fruit bowl. She found this fascinating. She then eventually got up and went over to the window. She pressed both palms against the cold, broken glass- she liked the pain and numbness it brought.
Her head began to twitch. "Get out, leave me alone." She let out a quiet shriek. I stepped back, keeping my eyes glued to her. "Not you," she whispered, "don't go, please." She didn't look at me but I knew she wanted me to stay, as she usually did. She never liked to be alone with her thoughts- as most people her age did.
I walked back to where I last stood, by the curtain. Her twitching was now more vigorous and frequent. She grabbed the back her head with a tight grip to her hair, I assumed to stop the twitching.
She then let out a stomach turning scream of pain as she smashed her head through the glass. This covered us both in shattered and now red-tinted glass. She dropped to the floor and began to whimper like an animal. "I told him to leave," she cried, cradling her gushing head. She was in such a mess, she wouldn't let me help though. "Get him away, he's scaring me," she sobbed into my leg...