Chapter 9: Don't give in...please

I felt like I'd caused it all. I should never of gone to sleep. If only I'd stayed awake that night. I felt so bad; guilt was plastered blatantly across my hollowed freckled face. "Why does he want you to take them? Why the urge to overdose? You were okay. Now your problems back. Look what you could've done." I shouted, words falling out of my mouth not thinking.
Oh shit, I'd made her cry. She had a full blown panic attack. I couldn't calm her breathing this time. She dropped to the floor, head in her hands, balling her eyes out.
She picked something up off the floor and held it tight in her spindly hands. She grabbed me by the shoulder to pull herself up.
I got pushed into the cold, mildew ridden wall. I looked down to see a shard of glass against my throbbing neck. She placed her head against the wall, close to mine. "I will do it. Don't think I won't." She whispered, her voice sounding shaky and raspy.
"It really doesn't have to be this way." I said, speaking slowly as I pushed her off me with a slight force. She looked at me for a bit and fell to the floor, her eyes starting to water again.
"It does. He wants me to." She told me, tears now rolling down her pale, blotchy, sunken cheeks.
"Please, please don't give in." I cried. I sat on the floor with her for a good hour or two.
"I don't know what to do anymore." She sobbed. I hugged her tight against my chest. I never wanted to let go. She gave me slight warmth which made my body tingle. She made me happy. I made her feel secure.

I think I like he- No, no, no! Not after Bianca. Now Rebecca, remember how the management team reacted to you falling in love with a patien-...Rebecca for god's sake, stop waffling on....

I have a real rambling problem, I apologise.