Chapter 12: He would still be there

For some reason, I still loved her- well I wasn't a lesbian but bi was an option I guess.
I could tell she was going to cry; she was showing all the usual signs. I hugged her ,to prevent the tears, and I didn't have to think twice. "I need help." She cried, cupping her head in her hands, within my tight hug. I nodded subtly and rested my head on hers, she was so comforting.

~Several hours later~
We (well I) fell asleep last night I'm a heap on the floor. I was not awoken by a fresh, flawless teenager but by a blur of red. I rubbed my face to rid my eyes of the crimson from my tired, hollowed eyes. It didn't leave my vision as I rubbed my eyes quickly so I rolled I my back. A faint trickling was like white noise in the background; as if it was constantly there. I felt a strong throbbing pain in my lower body, it was enough to make me near unconsciousness. I lifted my head to see her ripping her gown sleeve and putting pressure on my thigh. "Please, please don't go." She trembled as she held the fabric firmly to my leg. "I can't lose you." I chuckled and sat upright, still feeling drowsy like a drugged up circus animal.
"I'm okay, it's fine." I assured her; knowing full well it felt like I lost a limb. "Who did this?" I asked, literally dying to find out- literally.
"It was him. He told me that if I said sorry for killing his sister, you wouldn't be harmed and he would go."
"Why didn't u apol-"
"I would also have to kill myself in payment for taking his sisters life. I was a coward, I still am. I couldn't leave you Rebecca." I nodded back. "He then told me that even if I killed myself he still wouldn't be completely gone." I was confused and raised one brow.
"So he has unfinished business?" I said, trying to get the jist of what was going on.
"Exactly; he would still be there."
"Be where?" She looked at me for a while and tapped her temple with her spindly fingers.
"Up here..."