5 - Enter, Godzilla

Comenzar desde el principio

            Yeah, and I’m Santa Claus and this is the North Pole. Merry fucking Christmas. “Okay…and you are…?” My tone was disbelieving and she noted that.

           “Flora Harkin,”

            I could only stare at her. Flora? Oh hell, I almost started laughing right there but I figured it’d be best not to. But Flora? When I think of the name Flora I think of some girly, gentle hippy girl who wasn’t built like a pro-wrestler. I imagined this chick’s name to be something like ‘Chris’, or ‘Alex’, or ‘Jordan’, or maybe ‘Godzilla’.

             Flora noticed my pursed lips. “Something wrong Clarisse?” Her pleasant, quiet voice in no way matched her beastly appearance. It was unsettling.

             “Well, to be honest, you’re kind of in my space,” I said directly. This appeared to please Flora, because she gripped my locker door tighter and stepped up closer to me. I glared up at her and she smiled at me down her short, squished little nose.

              “Am I in your space now, Clarisse?”

               My eyes narrowed and I stared her down. Flora was very obviously challenging me, and it’s annoying as hell. “Look,” I said, my voice filled with agitation, “I’m going to say this very slowly so you can keep up, What. Do. You. Want?”

               Flora frowned down at me. Her troll buddies were still standing behind her, and I noted the almost surprised looks on their faces. What, did they think I was gonna back away?

              “Well, I’ll be honest with you Clarisse, I was just gonna see how quickly I could get you to run, but that may not happen.” Flora’s voice held a deflated tone, but I could see the faint glint in her eye. She was excited now. She continued before I could speak. “So maybe you are worth the trouble. You wanna go?”

                That wasn’t really what I was expecting. Frankly, I was expecting this She-Man to be bullying me for my homework, but that wasn’t the case. Was she inviting me to fight her?

                “Excuse me?”

                 PugFace Flora smiled and then shoved my shoulder with her big chunky hand. I’d been so stunned by the whole situation that I hadn’t even braced myself for the assault. She pushed me again and I stumbled back a few steps, uttering a startled ‘ouch’.

                “Oooo, you aren’t as tough as you think you are, are ya?” Flora started saying, chuckling as she went, and she walked up to me, pushing me back again. This time I almost fell over and she laughed. Her two monster cronies laughed with her.

                 The laughter is what ripped me out of my confounded state. As I’ve said, I hate being laughed at, and I will promptly lay you in the dirt if you dare laugh at me. I braced my feet firmly on the ground and straightened my shoulders, clenching my fists.

                 Flora noticed my stance and grinned broadly. “Oh, so you wanna play?”

                  I raised my chin and glared. “Fuck yeah, bitch.”

                  It was only then that I heard the resounding ‘oooo’s from around us. A crowd of kids had clustered to this part of the hall, obviously interested in the confrontation between Clarisse the Sebastian Slapper and PugFace Flora the She-Man. Flora frowned at my words. “Ok, lets do this, little one,” she popped some knuckles in her fists.