24

MARK

  As Soon as Alyssa woke up she asked me to take her to the her old condo, where shr and her brother used to live.
I drive her there immediately without saying another word.
She don't speak.

We enter the apartment, and she immediately goes to her brother's room. I can tell it's lucas' by the look.
There are pieces of him in this room. His drawings, his textbooks. I watched Alyssa from the door. She's looking at their old photos. I wanna stop her. It's only make her hurt more because her family is no longer with her. Living her along here. But she have me.

Letting out a strangled scream, she throw a pictures on the floor. She continue throwing things on the floor, until I wrapped my arms  around her from behind. She struggle, still screaming with pain. She to push me away but i holds her tighter.

Alyssa scream with rage, and with grief, and every single emotion inside her bursts out into a wailing song. I brings her to the floor, my arms still locking tight around her. It took forever her to stop struggling and screaming.
Letting out small whimpers she drift into a restless sleep.

Seeing her like this make my heart ache. The Alyssa I knew is a strong woman. She go through hell but still stand straight. But the girl sleeping in my arms in fragile and broken and weak.

" I'll protect you al. You are not alone in this world. You have me. I'll give you everything that you want. " I said kissing her forehead and retaining her on my lap letting her head rest on my chest.

I woke up in a empty room. Alyssa is no longer  in my arms. Panicking I rush out and saw her in the livingroom.

" babe,  are you okay?” I ask her. But she didn't respond. She's staring out at an empty space. I let her be and called Harry to take us some foods and clothes.  I tries to feed her, but she refuse to eat. I beg her to speak but she didn't say a word. Not even looking at me.

She refuse to get out of the chair so I carries yo the bathroom and bathe her. She doesn't do anything. She's like a doll that only breathes. I yells at her sometimes to make her speak. To make her eat. But nothing. It's like I'm invisible to her.

I keep saying ' I love you' to her repeatedly. I want her to know there is me for her. To take care of her.

It's been three days since Lucas passed away and I told her I already prepared the funeral. I want her to get out from here but she wouldn't step a foot outside the house.

“Come back to me, please.” I wraps his arms around her waist and buries my head on her stomach. I have had enough. It's been two week and she's still the same. She eats a little but nothing more. She never look at me. Keeping staring out the window. It scared me sometimes when she tried to walk towards the window. I'm scared that she will jump. I carries her to bed every night and covers her with the duvet. I would stay for hours watching her until she fall asleep.

It's spring and she's getting little bit better. She smile and look at me when I feed her, shower her and take she to sleep. But only for few minutes.  I woke up in the morning as usual. Go to kitchen and start chopping up some vegetables. I small hands wrapped around mu waist. I stop chopping.

“Thank you,”  she whispered. “Thank you for being with me. Thank you for staying.”

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

“I'm back.”

Those two word make me jump in joy. She's back. My Alyssa is back. Turning around I cups her face with my hands. My hands feel large just because she's gone thinner.

“Are you really okay?”  i asked again.

“I wanted to die, Mark. I couldn't see a thing. I couldn't feel a thing. I felt everything just ceased to exist. I no longer existed. I was prepared to disappear. But I kept hearing your voice, calling me over and over. You pulled me back from my despair. You managed to wake me up.”

She heard me. She heard every word I said. tears glistening in my eyes before they drop freely down my cheeks. I'm happy. I got my Alyssa back. The strong woman I fell in love with. I smile but it fade away. Dose she want me now? I know she's not a woman that stay with someone rich like me only for the money. But she came to be because of her brother. That thought scared me.

" Are we doing okay?” I asks her.

" Yes. If you shall have me, I will never leave you. Your love awakens me. And your love heals me. You picked up my broken pieces and you glued me together until I became whole again. I love you too mark. You're mine.”

Her answer is not what i expected but she gave me a better one. I geel like im the most luckiest person alive.  I brings her face to me and kisses her gently.

“I'm forever yours,” I agrees.

Coming to her tip toes she kissed me. I kissed back her with all love and care. She's my everything. My other half. The one that complete me. Wrapping my arms under her butt cheeks I lift her placing her on the kitchen counter. We pulled back out of breath.

" I love you Alyssa Grace. "

" I love you too mark tuan. "