23

As soon as we reach the hospital, I run immediately towards my brother's ward.
I pray over and over as I run across the halls, my heart panicking so much I think it would burst.
Please, let him be okay. God, take me instead. Just leave him alone.

Flashback

   "   What is it Mark ?  "  I asked him worrying. I got scared suddenly.

"  we have to go back home. " mark said and sit beside me.

" what happen Mark? What's wrong? "

" Harry called. He said your brother's hospital called and said..."

" and said what mark?  " tears are already filled my eyes and I grabbed Mark's hand tightly. My legs are shaking.

" they said Lucas collapsed. "

" no " if I'm not sitting on bed I have collapsed to the floor already.

Flashback ends

As soon as we reach the hospital, I run immediately towards my brother's

The ward is already full of doctors as I reach his room.

“Lucas,” I say in a panicked terror.
My brother is unmoving on the bed, looking still as death. He has an oxygen mask on his mouth as the doctors continues trying to revive him.My world turns dark as I hear the heart monitor.It doesn't beat. Its sound is continuous like one of those cancelled programmes on tv. I know Mark's hand is in mine but I can barely feel it. My eyes are trained on the little boy on the bed.

Please, please. Let it be me instead. Just don't take him. Just don't take him.

The doctor comes towards me and shakes his head.

" I'm sorry. We did our best but… there's nothing we can do now.” The doctor is saying.

I hear someone say in the background Time of death, 6.03am.
My ears are ringing so loud. Noisy, this world is too noisy.

“Impossible.” I hear myself say.

“I'm sorry.” I look up to him and fist his white coat with my hands.

" I gave you the money to treat my brother. You have the money to treat him. He should be fine! I did everything you asked me to do. So why? WHY ? " mark pulled me away from the doctor and grabbing my wrist. My legs are shaking, Mark's strong chest help me to lean on. The warm tears rolled down my cheeks making it cold instantly.

“We tried our best. But he couldn't respond to the treatments. Even with the surgery, it only prolonged his life for a couple more hours.”he said.

I see one of the nurses places a white cloth over my brothers face.

“No, what are you doing?!”
I rush towards the bed freeing from Mark's hold  and takes the white cloth off. They're covering my brother's face.
My body shakes with grief as I look at my brother. He looks like he's sleeping.
Someone had taken off the oxygen mask.

" why did you take it off? Where is it? Where is his oxygen Mark? " I asked from no body. But i heard the nurse that take care of my brother saying sorry.

I look at Lucas and I stroke his cheek, my hands crave to touch him.
I place my finger under his nose but I can't feel any air. That's when it hits me.

He doesn't breathe.

My heart crumbles.

Now, I have no one.

My world is nothing.

I heard Mark's voice calling my name and my brothers lifeless face before it turns to black and feel nothing.