Try Hard (Chapter Eleven)

"What?" Calum and Luke ask in unison.

"Now you're taking it out of context," I reply. "It was just passed in conversation."

"Yeah and it was Niall's song to publish, not ours. He's gonna be mega pissed when we tell him."

I walk into the living room, using Michael's phone to ring Niall.

"Hey Niall, I have something to tell you."

*

Niall comes storming into the hotel room. Lets just say he didn't take news well, and he's in a bad mood with me.

"That was my song Ash. I worked so hard on that just for you to say you writ it!" His voice is laced with irritation and anger, which makes me feel relly bad.

"Wrote," I say.

"What?"

"Writ isn't a word."

"You have the cheek to correct me on my word? At least I can write them myself and don't have to steal them from my 'so called friends.'"

"As I said, it wasn't like that. I mean we can write another song and tell our manager that we stole it from One Directon."

"Fuck you Ashton, no wonder Taz slept with Calum. She wasd scared of getting robbed if she went with you."

"AND STOP SWEARING IN OUR HOTEL!" I yell after him. The door slams, silencing the room. Someone's been working out to be able to have strenght to shut a door like that.

"We better get to our manager, like now," Michael says.

*

I wait in the lift, with Michael and Calum standing next to me. I feel like I'm being take to my death and if I try to run off, Michael and Calum will grab me and beat me up.

"Stop sulking," Michael tells me. "It's your mess, you have to clean it up."

"I'm not sulking," I tell him, folding my arms.

The lift opens, and Michael and Calum just stare at me.

"Guess I'm leading the way then," I mutter.

I walk through the crowded office, trying to find our manager. I see him and he greets us.

"Ashton's got something to tell you," Cal says, pushing me forward.

"Erm... yeah... that song... heartbreak girl. It wasn't our song. It was One Direction. And I just stole it."

There's silence for a few seconds.

"GET OUT!" he screams. "AND ONLY COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE WROTE A NEW SONG!"

"I'm writing a song at the moment. It's called 'Try Hard.'"

"WELL COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED IT!"

"Alright," Michael mutters.

I think he took the news well...