12: Meeting The Parents

Start from the beginning

"What are your parents like?"

"My dad looks scary but he's really not and my mom is like a teenage girl."

"Hey! There's nothing wrong with teenage girls. You big meanie head!"

"I never said there is." Rolling my eyes playfully I took off to the house. The wind flew threw my hair as I ran to the house as fast as I could. Racing Kevin but having a head start. I almost made it to the yard when arms wrapped around my waist pulling me back as sparks flew and down up my stomach as I let out a squeak. Making Kevin laugh.

"You cheater! You're not playing fair." Laughing so hard I barely got it out.

"Rules are boring! I'm not the cheater now am I? You're the one that got a head start."

"You big gaint meanie head." Moving my hand backwards to his face I acted like I was eating his brains kind of.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You're tickleish." My eyes wided in fear as I tried getting out of his arms.

"I know your weakness now."

"I know how to get out of your arms."

"No you can't. I imaged myself as a tiny kitten as my bones broke and I shifted into the same kitten I did a few days ago.

"You're a cheater!" He laughed out.

"Wait I'm lost I thought your mate was a human?" A voice spoke causing us to frezze in our places, turning and looking over to were it came from.

"Mom, Dad. She's a cat shifter. She can think of any size cat or fox and shift into it. We thought she was human but we were wrong." Kevin explained to them as I shifted back. His mom started jumping up and down then ran after me. Pulling me into a hug.

"I don't care what you are. I love you! You're amazing. My son I can tell loves you also. Welcome to the family."

"Thank you Mrs. Taylor. I'm glad to be here." She laughed letting go of me as Kevin pulled me back into him.

"Please honey. Call me Summer and my husband over there J.J." Summer is very pretty she had that brown hair that almost everyone would kill for with brown eyes that looked like a pretty brown you see on walls. J.J. on the other hand was pretty tall maybe in the six feet area while summer on the other hand looked around four foot or five. He had hair that was blacker then the night sky along with ocean blue eyes that Kevin has. They make the perfect couple, I believe.

"It's nice meeting you guys."

"So how did you two meet?"

"I walked into the woods to prove my brain washed school wrong." They were shocked. Understatement pretty much.

"About what?"

"That werewolfs and vampires aren't deadly. Although I haven't meet a vampire yet." I spoke realizing that I had yet to meet a vampire. "And that mermaids are real."

"I thought you humans live by that one dumb poem."

"Yeah well my kind is beyond dumb."

"Yeah well this girl over here don't tell her what to do. She won't listen. She's stubborn and dangerous."

"Kevin I told you from day one that girl's are impossible to deal with and-"

"You dare finish that line and I'll end you right here, right now."

"See what I'm talking about- Ow!"

"I warned you." Summer glared at J.J. as he rubbed his side to get rid of the pain that boys can't deal with. Yup! For the rest of the day I got to know Kevin's parents, Kevin even more. One thing I thought that would never happen was I felt like I had family finally for once. I did have family for once. People who love me. This is were I belong. With this amazing pack and my werid mate.

Kevin's parents

1213 words