Chapter 8

LOUIS

Louis wakes up at Zayn's house Thursday morning. He's been here over a week now, and the transition period is finally coming to an end. It took him a while, but on Saturday, they finally sat down and talked about it. Of course, Zayn told him that he could stay as long as he wanted, and that he could talk about it or not talk about it whenever.

Louis parents made no effort to talk to him. He'd left the house on his own accord after a fairly nasty fight, but when he'd left, his parents hadn't called or come to Zayn's or anything. Louis knew that there was a chance they'd called Zayn's parents, but he doubts it. Louis' parents don't really like Zayn's parents, they think that Zayn's parents flaunt their wealth too much or something like that. Not that Louis really cares what his parents think.

He doesn't know when he'd become such an angry person. It was a bit unsettling how all this anger had swallowed him in a matter of days.

On Monday, he'd gone over to Harry's and they talked. Something about telling Zayn gave him the strength to tell Harry. Of course, he'd said something along the lines of "don't feel like you have to be strong for me," and of course, Louis cried.

So Thursday, he gets out of bed and heads into the guest bathroom. Zayn's house has six bedrooms on 3 floors. The bottom floor has the living room, kitchen, an office, and Zayn's parents room. The second floor has three bedrooms, which belong to Zayn's three sisters. The third floor has a media room and two bedrooms, Zayn's and the guest bedroom, which might as well be considered Louis' bedroom because he's pretty sure he's the only person who's ever actually used it. Since Zayn's parents are ridiculosly rich, every bedroom has it's own bathroom.

Louis stares at himself in the mirror for much longer than necissary. He hadn't eaten at all last week, he'd been too torn up. He could see it in his body too. It's a good thing, really. The less he ate the skinnier he got and the less strict he had to be on his diet.

In the shower, he can't breathe. He's fine one moment, then he feels like the steam is poison instead of water vapor. He sits in fetal position and allows the water to run over him until he can breath again.

When he finally got dressed for school, he'd already missed first period. He doesn't really care, it's not like he would have actually gotten anything out of being there. In fact, he probably wouldn't get anything out of school at all today. In the end, he finds himself just crawling back in bed and going back to sleep.

When he wakes up Thursday afternoon, he has several missed calls from Zayn, and one from Harry. He also has quite a few texts from both of them, and one from Perrie. He ignores them all because he knows Zayn will be home from school in less than an hour, and he can tell Harry he was asleep. He knows that Zayn's parents won't be here, so he heads downstairs to get something to eat.

When he reaches the bottom floor, he knows he isn't alone in the house. He tip-toes towards the kitchen until he recognizes Zayn's voice.

"What are you doing home so early?" Louis asks before he fully rounds the corner into the kitchen. He stops dead in his tracks when he sees who Zayn was talking to.

"Did you skip school today?" his mom asks him.

"What are you doing here?" he demands. Zayn looks at him with a defeated look in his face.

Louis mother sighs,"If you don't want to come home, that's fine, but if you start skipping school, I'll make you come back. I can do that, since you aren't legal yet."

He knows the rules, he doesn't need her to tell him, "I was sick," he lies.

Zayn nods, "That's what I told her. Mrs. Tomlinson, I think he needs to go back to bed. I can take care of him, he'll be fine. He just needs to get some rest," Zayn plays along. Louis' mom must get the point, because she heads towards the door. She looks at Louis like she considers hugging him, then she opens her mouth as if to say something. She closes her mouth and heads out the front door.