Chapter 16

DAKOTA'S POV;

We started the stressful and eventful promotion tour for Fifty Shades Darker in Los Angles. The first premiere was on our first night out here. It was a bit more chaotic than the others since it was the first and there was so many different things going on at once for Jamie and I. We were separated for most of the premiere other than the time we were being photographed. I was off having a major love fest with Rita while Jamie was whisked off to be interviewed. At one point Jamie and I were being interviewed separately but only a few feet away from each other. That's when I told him of the news of Beyoncé's pregnancy. His reaction was adorable. I love telling him all the celeb news I discover even though he doesn't get nearly as excited as I do most of the time. The afterparty wasn't much better for us. We had both went our separate ways to celebrate most of the night. The only time I saw him was when he corned me by the drinks and complimented my very revealing dress. His hand had skimmed over the mostly sheer material over my breasts and I shivered with pleasure at his touch. Yet, the show had to go on, there was no time for us. The next week we had a premiere in Hamburg we had more time together that time around. We had waited in the hotel lobby, alone for once, and once the elevator opened for us we ran in and hit the close door button. He kissed me so sweetly, craving the alone time just as much as I had. It was brief, but it was just what we needed. When our kiss ended, we had stayed inches from each other, just smiling like idiots, until the elevator doors opened back up. God, he looked so handsome in his suit. I wished we had been able to do more than just kiss in that elevator. We went to Madrid next for more photo calls and premieres. Our evening in Madrid was a bit awkward. After finding out about our relationship some of the cast and crew were a bit disgruntled. It had strained the family relationship we had formed over the years, but there was nothing I could do but hope no one would spill to the press or make it too obvious. Jamie and I want our privacy. We need it. Jamie's children are involved here and that's not something either of us take lightly. The next premiere is in London. We have fun out on the red carpet together, making for some adorably silly pictures. Press weeks are always fun with Jamie, despite their stressful nature. But when we're finally on our last day away from home and all is said and done, I'm happy to finally just be in my pj's and laying in bed at the hotel we're staying in.

Calm at last, I lay my head back onto my pillow and listen absentmindedly to the golf channel playing in the background. I can vaguely hear the soft rushing water sound of Jamie in the shower from here and the sound brings unwarranted thoughts to mind. Jamie in the shower is such a concept. His body dripping and bare, relaxed and open. If I hadn't already bathed just before him I might've gone to join him. The water shuts off and I roll onto my side to wait for him to exit the bathroom. He walks out in just his boxers and my insides heat considerably. "And I thought you looked irresistible in your suit..." I look him up and down and he blushes. "You think this is a good look for me?" He questions, striking a pose for me. "Oh, yes I do. Come over here." I gesture for him to get on the bed with me and he does. "Happy to be finally relaxing?" He questions, as I cuddle up with him under the covers. "Mhmm..." I nod, taking a deep breath of his freshly showered scent. He smells of musky cologne scented body wash, yet there's a hint of his own personal smell the wash couldn't remove. It's comforting. "The premiers were exhausting, I agree, but seeing you in those dresses was worth the extra work." I smile at his compliment. "Which dress was your favorite?" I question, genuinely curious. They were all so different, yet they all somehow reflect my personal style in a way. Classy and elegant, yet not overly glamorous or flashy. "I loved them all. You make any dress look like a masterpiece. You could've worn a trash bag and still make it look absolutely stunning." I smile at his compliment. "But you had to have had a favorite." I push. "Yes, I did have a favorite, but you already know it. It was the afterparty dress back in L.A. You know the one with these." His fingertips glide cross my breasts that are covered by my nightshirt. "All out." I smirk and sit up. "You like that, huh?" I slither onto his lap and begin to kiss him. Our kissing leads to more until we're both breathless and our bodies have interlocked in the most beautiful and pleasurable way.

Jamie holds me in his arms and for a moment he's so quiet I think he must've fallen asleep. Then he begins to speak. "I don't want to ruin the moment but there's something that's been on my mind for a while now." Anxiety flares in my chest at his words, but I tell him to continue anyways. "When you told me that you thought you had gotten pregnant you were upset about it and I get that. It's not the right time, but I still felt kind of hopeful that maybe you could be. That we could experience that together. I just thought maybe you don't want to have any children and the thought bothered me." He explains, while I remain silent. "Not that I wouldn't love you regardless. I already have children I don't need more. I just wanted to know how you felt about it just so I wouldn't be disappointed later on if it came up again. Dakota, I want to have a baby with you, babies even. I just wanted you to know that." My heart swells with love as I look up into his eyes. "Of course I want to have kids with you, Jamie. Later, after we're married and we're settled down. It's all I've ever wanted. A family with you. But right now let's just focus on us and Dulcie and Elva of course." He nods in agreement and by the smile on his face I can tell his anxiety has been put at ease. When we fall asleep in each other's arms that night I dream of the future we've imagined for ourselves, wanting nothing more than to make it a reality.