It's the for the best, at least there, I know Joe will be safe.

Exhaling a large amount of air, a sigh brushes passed my lips as my fist comes into contact with the white door. But to my surprise the door swings up, revealing Mrs Hemmings. 

"Hello future son-in-law, what can I do for you?" She opens the door wide and motions for me to come inside; which I do. 

I completely ignore her son-in-law comment, "I need to talk to you."

"Oh? Please tell me, you impregnated my daughter and expecting twins." 

"As much as I'd love to have children with your daughter, no, that isn't why I'm here." Oh shit, did I just say that out loud? Fuck me. "I mean-"

Joe's mum bursts out laughing, I can't help the smirk that is trying to creep on my face. "It's alright Harry, I'm just messing with you. But I really would be fine with you and Joe having kids."

"Really mum? You weren't fine when I told you one year ago about me sleeping with my ex, in fact, you gave me the whole, no sex before marriage speech." I identify the voice belongs to Joe's brother, Luke. "Yet, you're completely fine with this."

"Well, you won't give me any grandchildren." She bites back as Luke steps into the lounge room. "Besides, I think Harry would be a fantastic father."

"What? And I wouldn't?"

"No," She clearly states, shaking her head. "No Luke you wouldn't." 

"Fine, just for that, I'm going to make your ass wait for grandchildren from me." He crosses his arms and leans against the doorframe. 

A chuckle leaves my throat which causes Luke to glance at me. Clearing my throat I straight out say, "I'm inviting you all to stay at my hotel."

"Why?" Luke raises his brows with a frown forming on his face. "So you can fuck my sister whenever you-"

"Luke! That'll be enough of that." His mother pinches the bridge of her nose and shakes her head at him. "I hope Joe will be staying with you, in your room."

"Actually, she was going to be staying with you guys, so-"

"No, she will be staying in your room, with you." Mrs Hemmings looks at Luke then back at me. "But, why do you want us to leave? What's going on?" 

"It's safer," I honestly say. "And I would feel a lot better if Joe is with me."

"So you can fuck her none stop." 

"Luke! That'll be enough! Go pack your bags." She points to the door.

Luke throws his hands in the air, "Whatever, I can't believe you're okay with them having sex." He sighs and leaves the room.

I find myself asking his mother. "Why are you okay with Joe and-"

"You're a very responsible guy, Harry. I can see how much you care for my daughter just by looking into your eyes."

My mouth parts and the words. "I'd die for her." Slips out before I have a chance to stop them.

Would I die for Joe?

Yes, yes I would. I would die for her in a heartbeat if it meant keeping her safe. 

Right before her mum's mouth opens to reply, the front door swings open and Joe enters.

Fuck, she didn't hear that, I hope.

Joe

I'd die for her.

His words keep replaying over and over in my mind. I can't seem to get them out of my head.

Why? Why would Harry say that?

That's the last thing I'd fucking want, I'd never ask for him to die for me but if that did happen, and he died; I would be dead inside.

I stand at the door watching both my mum and Harry stare at me. I try to fucking speak, but nothing comes out, it's like I'm frozen. 

"Joe hunni, go upstairs and pack."

"What? Why-"

"You're staying with Harry in one of those flash hotels." Mum's voice is laced with excitement. "We're all staying there but you'll be sharing a room with him, so I expect grandchildren."

A sigh falls from my mouth. "Really mum? Again with the grandchildren."

"God, she keeps going on about it." My eyes land on Luke as he pulls a large suitcase behind him. 

"Do not use God's name in vain!" Mum folds her arm, watching Luke.

"Oh, fucking hell mum! You're allowing them to sleep toget-"

"Shut it Luke or I'll cut that poor excuse of a dick off." I watch Luke roll his eyes at me. "You're just jealous."

"Right, I'm jealous. We're pretty much all in danger because of our fucked up Uncle, and I'm jealous." He scoffs pulling his suitcase down the remainder stairs. "For the record, it's your fault, Joe."

"My fault? How is this my fault?" If looks could kill, Luke would be fucking dead by the way Harry's eyes are shooting daggers at his face. 

"Uncle Henry is out to get you, not us." I guess he has a point. "But whatever," Luke shrugs his shoulders before walking past me. "All I know is, to get to you, he has to get through me."

"Yeah, like you'll be able to do anything, Mr Penguin." I finally make my way to Harry who opens his arms for me and wraps them around my body.

Luke opens his mouth to speak but mum beats him to it, saying, "Harry, I trust you. I trust you'll protect us."

My mum trusts him? That's a first. 

"I will," Harry replies, planting a kiss on my forehead. "I have a car waiting for us out the front and-"

The sound of glass shattering next to us cuts him off. Harry jumps in the way as shards of glass go airborne, and a brick flies through the window and lands on the lounge room floor.

But I fear Harry's attempt at protecting me is too late because there's a sharp pain generating from my right thigh.

-

A/N: Right, who the F*ck threw that brick? I got my fists ready to punch you.