Chapter One - Cold Little Heart

Start from the beginning

Emma pushed herself off the couch with one arm and whipped her phone out of her back pocket and began to search for the phone number.

"So what held you up at work for so long tonight?" Hook asked, keeping the conversation flowing.

"Oh, I went to grab a quick drink after work with Regina and my mom for happy hour at the bar down the road from the station." Emma answered quickly. "You should go there with your friends, it's a pretty cool place." She continued, trying to keep her tone as casual as possible.

Hook rolled his eyes. "Really? Why the hell have you been spending so much time with Regina lately? Clearly she doesn't approve of our relationship."

"Regina is my friend, not to mention the mother of my child..." Emma said, defensively.

"But I'm your boyfriend. I really wish you wouldn't spend so much time with her. You ditched me for dinner just to hang out with a woman who despises me, and not to mention... she's the bloody Evil Queen!"

"Hey! Don't call her that. Also, I didn't ditch you for dinner. We didn't make plans and besides, I'm about to order if you'd quit your bitching. I don't give you a hard time when you go out for drinks and I can tell you've already been drinking tonight so cut the crap."

"I'm allowed to have a drink or two, I was a pirate for years and can tolerate my liquor. You, on the other hand, are just going out to defy me because you know I don't like you spending time with Regina. It's as if you're trying to sabotage our relationship." Hook argued.

Emma's jaw dropped, unable to form a rebuttal to that ridiculous statement. "Okay, I'm not going to argue because that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'm just gonna go call for the pizza."

"So you're calling me stupid, huh?"

Emma rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen with her cell phone in hand.

They sat in silence until the doorbell rang and Emma hopped off the couch to answer it. She quickly grabbed the pie out of the delivery man's hand and slipped him some cash before closing the front door.

Emma's hips swayed as she walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room carrying plates and napkins, when she saw Killian already biting into a slice she couldn't help but laugh.

"Damn, you weren't kidding when you said you were starving!" She laughed again and he nodded, his mouth full of warm gooey cheese.

Emma grabbed three slices and put them on her plate and when she took ahold of the first slice and put it to her lips, she looked up at Hook, who was glaring at her with wide eyes.

"What are you looking at? You're the one scarfing the pizza down like it's going to disappear."

He just shook his head in disapproval. She finished two of her slices in record time then plopped the third one back into the box, knowing he'd make another comment if she ate it.

-------------------------------

As soon as Emma was finished brushing her teeth and getting ready for bed, she sent a quick text to Henry. Ever since she moved in with Hook, she realized how much she took for granted all the time they've spent together since she came to Storybrooke.

Hey kid... Miss you! Have a great day at school tomorrow. Xoxo, Emma.

She put the phone down on the nightstand and Hook walked through the bedroom door.

Her phone buzzed and as she reached to get it, he leaned over and glanced at the screen. "Who are you texting this late at night?"

"Oh, I just wanted to tell Henry I miss him and to have a good day at school tomorrow. I figured he'd be asleep by now... I guess Regina is going soft on him and doesn't enforce her strict rules anymore." She laughed, smiling at the picture of Henry and herself he had set as her wallpaper.

"Why are you always talking about Regina? I don't understand. Are you in love with her or something?" Hook rolled his eyes.

Emma sat up, jaw agape and eyes narrowed as she dropped the phone in her lap. "I wasn't talking about her, I was talking about my son."

"Answer the question, Emma."

"No, Killian. You're being ridiculous. I'm not in love with her. I love you, remember?" Emma said, still trying to get over the initial shock but then remembering the rum he had earlier. She brushed off his accusations as a side effect of too much liquor.

"Prove it to me, then. Make love to me."

Emma let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding and her hand formed a fist under the comforter, hidden from his sight. She was furious he was making demands but knew that if she didn't play along, he'd just get more mad.

She climbed to the end of the bed where he was standing and slipped off her white tank top then pulled on the collar of his shirt, easing him on top of her body.

The smell of rum mixed with pizza still lingered on his breath and she cringed as his tongue slipped inside her mouth.

Before she knew it, he was pushing his way inside of her and she stared up at the ceiling waiting for his release to come.