[51] falsifying

((old one i had in my drafts that i finished rlly quick to start focusing on the drabble requests))

"Y/N!" The voice of your longtime friend, Ethan, carried through your apartment. "I did a bad."

"Ethan, what the hell did you do?" You sighed, sitting at your kitchen table, waiting for him.

"I may have accidentally suggested to the others that you were my girlfriend."

"Yeah, I know." Pulling out your phone, you showed him the texts from Mark, Tyler, and your groupchat with Amy and Kathryn, all asking about you two being together.

Ethan covered his face with his hands, sitting across from you. "I'm so sorry, but did you tell them that we weren't dating?"

"No, I left them all on read, I figured I'd wait for an explanation from you."

"Oh my gosh, thank you thank you thank you!" He exclaimed, and you raised an eyebrow, still waiting for an explanation.

Ethan could tell what you wanted, and told his story. "We were in the office, and all the others were making fun of me for not having gone on a single date since I moved here. I got really defensive, and they asked when was the last time I went on a date. So I told them about when we went to the festival last weekend. I didn't say your name, but they were able to piece it together anyway."

With a sigh, you looked at your friend with an eyebrow raised. "What do you want me to do, then?"

Hesitantly, he said, "Be my girlfriend for a little while?"

"Alright, come here." You waved him over, and he sat in the seat beside you. Holding your hand out, you looked at him expectantly. "Give me your phone."

Ethan did so, and you fingerprint was already in his phone so you unlocked it with ease. After going into the Teamiplier group chat, you stood up and sat on his lap with no hesitation.

"Y/N?"

"Well, we should let them know, hm?"

You opened the camera, and held the phone up for a selfie. Ethan smiled awkwardly, and you set it down to look at him, disappointed. "You want them to believe we're dating, you'll have to do a bit more than that."

Ethan looked lost, and you tapped your cheek with your index finger. He seemed to get it, and you held the phone back up as he kissed your cheek, snapping the picture. You couldn't reject the idea that your cheek tingled a little bit afterwards, but you were too busy sending the picture in the group chat to really think too much about it. After it sent, you realized that you were still on Ethan's lap, and stood back up.

Stretching, you pointed to your kitchen. "Come on, Eth, you at least owe me some dinner now."

As Ethan rustled around in your kitchen, preparing dinner, you flopped onto your couch. Your messages were blowing up again with texts from your friends, and so was Ethan's, you could hear it buzzing still on the kitchen table. Curious, you picked it up and read the group chat, laughing silently at all their intense screaming messages. Most were yelling about how Ethan had sent that picture and didn't come back.

Then, you saw that they created a group chat that included you, Teamiplier, as well as Sean and Signe, and were flooding that chat now. You switched off Ethan's phone, and sat back down on the couch with your own.

You decided to humor them, and joined the conversation.

[you: about time we all had a gc. how are you all?]