Chapter Three: Police and Social Services

Chapter Three:

Police and Social Services

By the time the three of us had finished laughing, the baby had joining in after she saw us laughing our heads of, the Nurse was just walking into the room.

"Hello Girls, There are some police officers waiting in two separate rooms, so you can give them your statements"

"Okay" Me and Melissa both answered, we said 'Goodbye' to the baby, and then the Nurse took us down the corridor, and into two different rooms that were opposite each other. I went into the one on the left of the corridor, and Melissa went into the one on the right.

                                        --------------------15 minutes later----------------------

After about 15 minutes of telling the police officers the whole story, even about the very nervous looking paramedics that left us at the entrance, i was aloud to leave, where i meet Melissa, who had also just come out of the room opposite.

"You OK?" i said, smiling slightly at her.

"Yeah fine, you?" she replied, smiling back at me.

"Yeah, I'm good, shall we go back to the baby, your Mum's probably here by now?"

"Yeah, she's probably in the waiting room" the wasn't any Doctors or Nurses to take us back to the babies room, so we just wait back round the corner and down the corridor, to the babies room.

Sat in two of the three chairs outside if the room was Melissa's Mum, and a youngish women, in a dress suit, hair dirty blond hair was tied up in a really tight bun at the back of her head, and as we stopped in front of then, i don't think me or Melissa needed to see any ID to know who she was working for. Social Services.

"Hello, Girls" She said, standing up and putting her hand out in front of her, so that we could shake it, as we stopped in front of them.

Melissa shook her hand, and I just stared at her until she put her hand back by her side, I could tell that she was trying to keep the smile on her face, But it wasn't her fault if I didn't like physical contact from someone that i have never met.

"Well, I'm Stacy Silver, But you can call me Miss Silver, and i'm from the Children's-"

"We know who you are, we just want to know why your here?" I interrupted her.

"Well I have come to take the baby" Me and Melissa shared a look, and i could tell that we were both asking each other one question. "to a foster home fo- "

Melissa interrupted her this time, "Why? Me and Tegan will adopt her now"

She looked at us funny, as if we were making a joke. "It's not as simple as that, you two are still in education, and neither of you is over eighteen"

"can we just spend some time with her first then?" I asked.

"Of course, she's being discharged tomorrow morning"

As she finished speaking, Melissa's Mum got up and hugged us both,

"Well i'm glad that you are both OK, that poor baby, she's very lucky that you happened to be walking past her when you did" she said, once she had released us.

"I know Mum" and I nodded in agreement.

The four of us walked into the babies room, then me and Melissa sat in the only two chairs avaible, on either side of her cot.

We spent about 5 minutes just staring at the baby and letting her hold our fingers when we both looked up at each other, and I saw, in her eyes, that we both wanted the same thing.

We turned to Melissa's Mum and Miss Silver,

"Do you mind if we spend a few minutes alone with her?" I asked.

"That's fine, we'll both be waiting just outside if you need anything" Miss Silver said, and then they both left the room, closing the door behind them.

"Are you sure they'll let us?" I asked.

"It only seems fair, we did find her and keep her warm and feed"

"Yeah your right, i'm already thinking of some, are you?"

"Yes, I have a few ideas"

A few minutes after discussing our plan, and finally settling on one final idea, we went back out into the corridor, to tell them that they could come back in.

Once we were all back in the room, Me and Melissa sat in the same seats.

We all sat in silence for a few minutes before Me and Melissa made eye contact over the cot. We both slightly nodded, and we knew that it was time for, as we had discussed earlier, for me to ask the killer question.

"Miss Silver?" I called to her, from where she was stood near the door, staring at the baby.

"Yes" she said, after blinking a few times, before finally concentrating on me.

"Me and Melissa were wondering something, and it would mean the world to us if you would?"

"Well that all depends on the question, doesn't?"

"Yes, but this would make us feel better, for not being old enough to adopt her yet, and that, so, well we were wondering if..."

PART ONE - The Lost One - Lavender Dawn Rose (Part 1 of 3)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara