24. - They Say That All Beauty Must Die, I Say It Just Moves On

Start from the beginning

“I'm not wearing this, I look like an ostrich!” I could hear Kim's voice and got curious. I knocked at the door, before I opened it and put my head in it. And then I started laughing. I laughed so hard, because she was absolutely right with looking like an ostrich. She wore a dress which upper half was a bustier and on the bottom were black feathers.

“What's going on here?” Brian asked and cracked up laughing while he looked at Kim. Her expression was just the cherry on top. Her dresser stood next to her and tried to tell her how amazingly she looked. It didn't take long for the other guys to arrive.

“Well, that's not everything. I swear I go rather naked than wearing something like that,” Kim said and went to the wardrobe and got out some more dresses. One was red and her description was that a “peacock had died on it” – and somehow she was right. “Oh and don't we forget this pretty leopard dress – if you can even call it that,” she hold up something brown, which I couldn't quiet figure out how to wear it and next following was a black and white dress, which I had to admit remembered me a bit of a zebra. “I really rather go naked – or better, take Nap, if you want an animal with you,” were her words before she stormed into her bathroom and slammed the door shut. We looked stunned and the dresser mumbled something unhearable for me.

The dresser stared in disbelieve at the door where she had just disappeared and I took some steps forward and told him quietly, what he should do.

“That’s not my style,” he said with his snoring voice.

“Just do it,” I said and walked towards the bathroom and knocked at the door.

“What?” I heard Kay’s aggressive voice.

“Let me in,” I said and the door opened a bit and I stepped inside and closed the door behind me. “What’s up?” I asked her.

“Haven’t you seen what I’m supposed to wear? That’s so not me and I don’t even want to go there,” she said. She sat on the edge of the tube and was still wearing this ridiculous dress.

“And how are we supposed to play a song without our talented drummer?” I tried to lock her.

“If I have to wear this, I swear I’m not coming, Zachary. I don’t care if I sound like a bitch now, but better than looking like a fucking bird,” she said and I chuckled.

“I promise you, you don’t have to wear this. I managed to get you something more comfortable,” I said and saw her slightly nodding. “What I’m more concerned about. You’re okay, with Johnny always around?” I asked what we were all worried about.

She shrugged with her shoulders. “How should I feel? It’s not, that my feelings for him had disappeared over night and the fact that I have to see him every time doesn’t make it better. But every time I see him I get angrier on him for not being honest with me from the beginning. Makes me think I was an easy fuck, you know?” she asked and I had to admit, that I was a bit surprised about what she had just told me.

“You don’t really think that, do you?” I asked.

She just shrugged again. “Can you go out, so I can get rid off this stupid thing?” she asked and pointed at the dress. I just stood up and closed the door behind me again. The others were still standing on the doorway and looked at me expectantly. “She’ll get over it,” I said but no one of them looked like they really believed what I just had said.

-x-

“I think you have enough now,” Matt said and took the bottle from Johnny’s tight grip. Let me just say, that his drinking had gone worse since… whatever had happened between Kim and him.  Johnny tried to complain, but at this moment Kim walked into the living room.