Chapter 40

Cayden's P.O.V

I sighed and rubbed my temples in worry. I've never worried myself over someone like this.

Damn girl! What have you done to me?

"She isn't a type who would run away from something that easily. I know her", Martin's voice kept repeating in my head over and over again.

I sighed again. This time it was a frustrated one. I ran my fingers through my hair, messing it further.

I knew that too damn it! I know that she's one hell of a brave woman. That is why I love her!

Whoa! What did I just say now?

Great! I've officially gone insane.

The door to my office flung open and a pale Martin entered, panting hard.

"We've tracked the car!"

"Where?", the word escaped my mouth hurriedly.

"It was found abandoned in a work site. The buffer looks like as if it hit something hard", Martin uttered, looking completely shaken.

I froze on my seat.

"And Emma?", I asked in a whisper as my heart pounded in agony with every passing second.

"She is missing", Martin choked out making a pang of pain rise in my chest. 

I felt my eyes turn dark with rage. My fists clenched in to a ball. And then,

RED!

That was all that I could see and feel.

This was the second time that I've let myself be consumed with so much anger. And both the times it was because of her!

"DAMN IT!", my fists struck my mahogany table with a crunch.

"Call a meeting. I ain't gonna lose anyone else who's special to me", I gritted out coldly making Martin hurry on his feet.

I punched the table again as I heard the door open. I thought it was Martin leaving and I raised my fist to throw another punch when I felt another presence inside the room.

I paused and snapped my head towards the intruder with a glare, only to meet the familiar face of Director Williams.

The glare turned in to pure shock when I heard his next words.

"I know where to find her"

***

Emma's P.O.V

Cold.

It was freaking cold. I could feel myself shiver slightly. I tried hugging myself to make me feel warmer, but my arms wouldn't budge. To be more precise, I couldn't feel my hands at all.

Where am I?

That was the first question that popped in to my head.

I tried looking around, but black was all I could see. That is when it clicked that my eyes were indeed closed. I tried to open them but ended up with a failed attempt.

I gave up. I barely had strength in me to move a muscle, let alone hurt a fly.

I tried searching my mind for any memories, but unfortunately ended up grasping none. My mind was basically floating in a whirlpool of pure blackness. It was like I was in the midst of a black hole.

So I don't blame it for suddenly betraying me when I needed it the most.

"Do I even make sense?", I thought to myself when a bulb suddenly flashed at the back of my head making my world dawn with realization.