Chapter 15

Emma's P.O.V

I looked around the conference room to see that everyone has arrived. After last night's hassle, I was pressured by the management board to inform them on the case's improvement. I agreed to only have a private meeting with the top four, also known as the head table committee.

I glanced at my watch to see that it was already 8 in the morning.

I sighed.

Time to begin the meeting I guess.

"A very good morning ladies and gentlemen", I told them with a nod as I looked around at everyone.

"Well, let me come to the point straight away. I had to call the forensic team and a hacking expert at 9 last night because I found a lead. Ella Owen is one of the girls who was sexually abused. I arrived at her house following one of my hunches to see if I could catch the culprit. Mrs. Owen was very helpful in confirming my doubts. I searched Ella's room to find any clue. I searched everywhere including her social media profile, and that is when I found her bed unmade. According to Mrs. Owen, Ella hasn't come home that night, but she does has the habit of making her bed every morning. I saw a contradiction here and asked Mrs. Owen a few questions. And here it is", I told them as I turned around to show my presentation projected on the wall.

A video of Mrs. Owen answering my questions played.

"As you can see, according to Mrs. Owen she thought that her daughter didn't come home that night because she found no text from Ella the next morning and because she later found her daughter's dead body in the same work clothes as of that day. She also confesses that she woke late the next day which is very unusual for her. The postmortem report says that her daughter was subjected to Methyl propyl ether or sleeping gas, a couple of hours before she was attacked. I connected the dots and made a theory of my own. I wanted to confirm my theory and that is why I had to summon the forensic team and an expert hacker", I told them in a monotonous voice.

"The forensic team discovered many things supporting my theory. They found a strangely scented sheet on Ella's bed. A mix of something flowery and earthy. They also discovered a slight scrape on the window pane and her room window being jammed open. The reports say that the sheets were disheveled to such an extent to believe that it was a result of natural rolling. Here's the report", I told as I handed the report over to them.    

"When connecting the dots, my instincts tell that Ella has indeed returned home that night and that the criminal was waiting for her at the house. He has entered the house through her window and since he didn't want to attract Mrs. Owen's attention, he had sprayed sleeping gas in to the lady's room. The reason Ella couldn't text her mother was because she had fallen on her bed feeling drowsy, with her work clothes on. Before she slipped completely into unconsciousness, I assume that the criminal had appeared on top of her. She has struggled to pry him off but she was too weak to do so since the unmade sheets show signs of great struggling rather than natural rolling. Then, I believe that the criminal has carried her out of the house through the front door itself", I finished off explaining as they nodded their heads in understanding.

"Miss.Parker, you said that it was your hunch that made you arrive at Ella's house. Mind if I ask you how that instinct came up suddenly", Martin the chief asked with his eyebrows raised in wonder.  

"Well, you should see this before I explain Chief", I told him with a small smile.

The next presentation slide showed them a photo of the list of names of the victims under organ trafficking and rape which I jotted down on the whiteboard back at home.

"When you compare the two lists, the odd man out here is Ella Owen. Her name is found among the sexually abused victims where as the others were used for organ trafficking as well. She was raped only by one person while the rest were assaulted by a group. This triggered two possibilities in my mind. ONE- This case isn't related to the others. Or TWO- It was done by the same group. If it was possibility TWO, why would they make her an exception? Maybe someone who loved her belonged to the same group and had stopped her fate from being similar to those of the other victims. I went through the postmortem reports of each of these victims over and over again and I arrived at the same conclusion. The conclusion that it was far too impossible for it to be co-incidental to use the same way of assault by two different men or groups. The reports show that a rod of similar type was used at each instance. and there are other similarities as well. Please go through this Death Analysis Report", I told them as I passed the document over to them.