Chapter 30

Emma's P.O.V

"GO! GO! GO!", I told everyone as we got down from the van which was parked a few blocks away from the College.

Bella had just called me that everything was clear. We need to hurry before they got to know that we were coming for them. We hurried towards the college gate. The guard standing by looked surprised.

"Eh-", he opened his mouth to say something, but we just ignored him and pushed the gate open.

I gave the signal to the other team to run towards the college building as I ran towards the woody area which Bella described. One of our men stood by the guard having him on custody.

I could hear the crunch from others stepping on twigs as they followed suit.

It was dark. The moon did a very little job in brightening things for us. On the other hand, it was a good way to camouflage ourselves from the monitoring cameras too.

We were now in the woody area. I felt something brush the front of my face. I looked up to find a creeper hanging down from a branch. I pushed it away and held my gun ready to shoot. I focused my torch on the ground, trying to find a hole or a trapdoor beneath the plants while the others kept watch for me.

The ground was well covered. I continued shining the torch everywhere when the beam of light caught up with a spot which was covered with more leaves and plants than the other areas. I furrowed my eyebrows in concentration. I then focused the torch up towards the trees and found a net like thing hanging from one of the branches.

The corners of my lips tugged upwards into a truimphant smirk.

"The moment the entrance closes, the net would let loose, pouring it's contents of leaves to cover it", I thought.

I began to dig through the leaves and plants and soon enough, the shovel in my hand hit a solid metal surface with a cling, just like I expected.

I couldn't help but grin as one of the men lifted the metal circular wheel like lid covering the hole beneath it.

The hole was enough for one person to enter at a time. The man who opened the lid went in first and then I followed him.

There was a steel ladder to climb down from the hole, but all of us jumped instead. We didn't have much time. They would have already known that we were here. We quickened our steps further in to the tunnel as our rubber soles made no sound on the metal concrete.

We came up with a metal door. We all had our weapons ready. One of my men went forward to open it.

The door opened with a click.

Light flooded into our eyes, blinding us for a second.

My eyes squinted, trying to get a much clearer look, only for them to widen back in horror.

"They are escaping! Go! Go! Go!", I screamed and ran into the large hall, firing everyone who was trying to escape.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The tunnel echoed of gun shots making our ears ring continuously.

BOOM!

I fired one of the men in the leg who was trying to run towards the tunnel on the other side of the hall carrying a cardboard box in his hands.

He fell with a groan, clutching his bleeding leg. I shot his other leg again.

Ummmph!

I heard a groan from behind me to see that one of my men were shot.

Shit! They are firing back at us!

I ducked behind a table and aimed a shot at the man shooting at my men.