Made Of Stone Ch. 6

Vegas had always been a place I wanted to go. Maybe under different circumstances though. But never the less we were heading there. Ethan sat quietly in the driver seat, glaring every so often at Charlie. They seemed to have a rivalry even though they had literally known each other less than twenty four hours. 

Apparently it would take us one day, seventeen hours, and thirty six minutes to arrive in Vegas. The accuracy made Chase proud because he  was very good at math. I rolled my eyes when he stated the fact like it was a common known thing.

We had been driving for about a day now though so only seventeen more hours. Sawyer was leaned back against one of the chairs with a soft red velvet blanket draped over him, snoring his brains out. Charming. I looked around at our little group and smiled. It finally felt like I had a family again. After my father had been put in jail my own family had been stressed and I never felt quite complete. 

My happiness was short lived though. I realized something that had been said by Nikolai. He had said that Charlie knew stuff about my father. The brunette girl was reading a book on her iPhone but I snapped in front of her face and she looked up quickly.

“Yes, Alessandra?” Her sweet voice sounded throughout the car. Nobody bothered to look over at us though. They were all caught up in doing their own thing. Chase was the only one who even blinked an eye at our disturbance of the quiet.

“Nikolai mentioned something last time we saw him, about you knowing information about my dad.”

“Oh, don’t believe anything that liar says. You know he was just saying stuff to make you angry.” Her hand waved in the air as she spoke. I was being waved off. Charlie usually did this when she was covering up a lie.

“Charlie. I’m being serious right now.” 

“And so am I. If I knew anything that would help us right now, believe me, I would tell you. But all the information I know won’t help us.”

“But you do know something, more than me at least?” My words were piercing and she was trying hard not to look me in the eye. That only made me more curious.

“Well, yes. But it will all be explained in time.”

“Charlie.” I almost yelled. This caused Ethan to look back at us in the mirror, but he never spoke a word. Smart boy. His blonde hair shook and he turned his eyes back to the road.

“Alessandra, I promise, I’m not keeping anything important from you.” Charlie’s voice was dead serious and I nodded. It wouldn’t matter if I argued with her now. She was in her stubborn mode and was determined not to tell me anything. Whatever she knew must have either been super secret or not important. I doubted that it wasn’t important. Brushing it off, I noticed that the car was pulling off the highway and towards a mall. Because we had been in a car for a day, it was decided we all had to stop at a store and buy new clothing.

The store was really nice. The walls were painted a bright blue color and there were plenty of clothes to choose from. The best part was there were clothes for girls and guys so we didn’t have to travel far. I wandered around for a bit and then decided to watch everyone else and see what they were picking out.

Charlie’s reddish brown hair, still tied neatly in a braid, was thrown over her shoulder. She picked out a pair of nice white converse, even though she knew they would probably get dirty. Jean shorts that cut off at the top of her thigh accompanied her navy blue cardigan that buttoned up the front. The cardigan was placed over a white tank top to match her shoes. A nicely colored yellow beanie covered the top of her head and let her braid flow from under it.

Ethan walked out of the dressing room decked out in blue jeans that made his ass look great. A nice black and white jacket that looked like a football jacket, sat perfectly on his shoulders. With that, a white t-shirt was underneath, and blue and white converse shoes covered his feet. His eyes were smoldering and he looked pretty hot. I looked over to my right and saw Charlie blushing very deeply but trying to hide it with a glare. It wasn’t working. I chuckled at my best friend and walked over to where Chase was.