Made Of Stone Ch. 5

The park was just as I remembered it. Charlie and I used to go there as kids all the time. The words I had written on her facebook wall came back to me. The number five and Doctor Science. We had a Doctor Science doll as kids that we named Robert. The park was on 5 Robert Road. Perfect. 

I saw her smiling face before anything else. Her braid bounced as she ran towards me and we hugged. Sawyer got out of the car and stood awkwardly a few feet behind us, just as Chase did the same. The boys seemed to be having a silent conversation from ten feet away. Boys.

“Who’s the boy?” Charlie asked gesturing towards the brunette boy behind me. Sawyer waved to her and she raised an eyebrow. Her million dollar smile though was still placed on her face. 

“Sawyer. He helped me get away from Nikolai.” My voice stayed sincere and she knew that I was telling the truth. 

“He’s cute.” That was her deduction. Nothing else was said on the matter. I smiled knowing that she accepted him. Chase walked slowly up to me and pulled me into a really tight hug. I groaned but let him do it. Knowing I was safe relaxed him. Sometimes he was just like his sister.

“Chase, this is Sawyer. He helped me get away from Nikolai.” My voice cracked a little when I said Nikolai but I hoped nobody noticed. 

“Sawyer Clark. It was no big deal. I just gave you a ride. It’s not like I fought him off or anything.” He chuckled and I smiled at him. If he had fought off Nikolai for me I would have been in debt to him forever.

“Sweet. Can we leave now?” Chase growled pushing dirt around with his foot, looking at the ground. He was uncomfortable. I could feel the vibes miles away. 

“We don’t have a car.” Charlie snarled back. He didn’t shrink or even move at her words. They both looked to Sawyer and starred. He starred back awkwardly and coughed. Then he realized that they wanted to use his car.

“I can give you guys a ride to wherever you need to go.” Sawyer suggested. Chase studied the car and shook his head no.

“Not big enough.” My eyes narrowed at Chase’s words. He glared at Sawyer for about five minutes, wanting him to offer his car and then when he did, he had the nerve to say it wasn’t big enough. Ass.

“I can get my cousin to let us borrow his car. It sits eight people and we can take some of the seats out if we need.” The idea seemed good and we all nodded yes to it. A few seconds later, two big black van’s showed up and out jumped huge guys. They surrounded Sawyer and threw him to the ground. FBI. Damn. I yelped in surprise and made a move towards him. Chase held me back though.

“Get off of him! He didn’t do anything.” Charlie yelled, attempting to shove people off of him. She was kicked backwards but didn’t let it slow her down. 

“Get off me.” Sawyer calmly stated. The voice he used surprised me. It was calm but dangerous. Nothing like the boy looked. 

“You’re coming with us. Get the other three.” The main guy holding Sawyer motioned for the other guys. Charlie pulled out her gun and Chase whipped out a knife almost big enough to be a sword. Throwing knifes were attached to his leg, but he didn’t take them out just yet. Both twins let out an angry scream and charged the men. The leader picked Sawyer up and dragged him towards the van. 

“I said let go of me!“ Sawyer screamed slamming his head back really hard. The man went flying backwards into the van and Sawyer’s eyes looked as if they were glowing. My eyes widened at the sight and I tripped over my feet, falling clumsily on my ass.

A guy ran towards me and I had no idea what to do. I didn’t have a weapon. But as he got closer I knew I would just have to kick him. My foot made contact with his face and I heard the crack. Whoa. The man screamed as blood rushed out from his nose. Sawyer was brought out of his trance by the sound and stopped beating people.