Chapter 7

It was our last day in the cottage, we had stayed here for other two weeks. I couldn't wait to get back to the house to see everyone especially Alfie, i had missed him a lot. I knew everyone in the house knew about our engagement but i was worried was Caspar might say or even do. But i knew Alfie wouldn't let anything bad happen to me wether that was with Joe or Caspar 

Joe was really quite, i was actually kind of worried. "Joe are you ok" he just started crying, i had no idea what was wrong with him, but i didn't like it. "Joe" i said pulling him into a hug. My top got wet with all he's tears but that didn't bother me what so ever. "I'm fine Lucy, just thinking" i remembered. "Oh Joe I'm so sorry i forgot"

 "It's fine, your not the only one" it was the anniversary of his mother's death 5-6 years. It never got easier for Joe he was always such a mummy's boy. "Zoe hasn't even remember i spook to her on call this morning and she was fine no tears nothing".  "Joe, I'm sure she's remembered". It was easier for Zoe to move in she was a daddy's girl but you would remember your own mother's death, right?. I knew something that would make Joe happy. I smashed my lips on to his he smiled into the kiss i deepened it trying to take his mind if everything, achieveing.

"We better go home" i explained to Joe. We left the cottage after doing full search if the house making sure we didn't leave anything. It was quite in the car, but i didn't mind. Joe just kept his eyes in the road, which didn't bother me, i had to upload a blog. 

We got home, and all the.light were off. I turned the lounge lights on to see banners hung everywhere saying happy engagement. At the point everyone jumped our congratulating use. I could see the tears welling in Joe's eyes. He ran upstairs i'd imagined to our room. 

"What's wrong with Joe" Zoe asked looking worried. "You did actually forget i thought Joe was just over reacting but you actually forget it was the anniversary of your mother's death" Zoe's face dropped, it's like she didn't care to much. "I'll go speak to him" "no Zoe i don't think that will be right" i was surprised to hear Alfie say that. Zoe's face explained what she was feeling to Alfie at this time. But he didn't care he came with me to speak to Joe. "Did you remember" Alfie asked me. "No, I'm not going to lie, i forget but i remembered as soon as i saw Joe crying" "i remembered I tried to tell Zoe but she thought it was in a month's time"

Joe's. P.F

I heard all the shouting coming from down stairs. I then heard footsteps coming up the stairs hoping it wasn't Zoe. I couldn't deal with her at this point. Lucky it was Alfie and Lucy who opened the door. 

"Joe mate, i tried to tell Zoe it was the anniversary but she thought it was next month" "it's okay mate, don't worry. You remembered Lucy remembered and dad remembered, it just proves that Zoe doesn't actually care. 

"Joe" i said"that's not fair. She doesn't care it's an easy thing to forget when your so busy"

"I know i just wanted her to remember". He started to cry again. Alfie left the room leaving me and Joe, i was happy about that. I didn't hear his feet go down stairs he must be annoyed with Zoe as well.