Chapter 26 ~ Girls' Night

Start from the beginning

“A girls’ redemption night. Really, it’s just a girls’ night with horror movies and we add hot guys into the mix. Also kind of like a bachelorette party, I guess,” she informed with a smirk on her face the entire time.

“Sounds like fun,” Maggie beamed, running a hand through her already ruffled hair.

“I’m game, except there are really not a lot of hot guys in our age group to hang with.” Danica pointed out, Maggie’s shoulder slumping in the same realization.

“Well, I have Dan,” Amber swooned, biting her lip as she twisted a finger around a lock of hair. Gawd knows what that girl was thinking about then and I really didn’t need to know. “Then there are the college boys hanging around and probably bored out of their minds on this Friday night.”

“Nice!” Maggie cheered, putting her hands up in the air with a little cheer while Danica clapped quietly.

“Why wittle KC, you’ve been quiet over there,” Amber talked to me like I was baby while using a silly voice. I narrowed my eyes at her, but bit back the snide remarks filling my head and instead stuffed another chip into my mouth.

“What do you think? Plus, Damon’s probably stalking about so this can be the perfect time to strike the jealousy card.” Maggie raised her eyebrow and I considered how true her point was.

“I’m in,” I grinned, finishing up the bag before balling it up and tossing it across the room into the basket.

*** 

The three of us changed into our pajamas and met outside my room. I wanted to make sure I struck a chord with Damon so I wore short black pajama shorts and a slim blue varsity tee, my hair held back in a ponytail.

“You know, since I moved in, I don’t think I have ever once hung out in the living room, let alone get a good look at it,” I said as we headed down the flights of stairs, of course Dan and Amber zoned out and completely tuned into each other, probably using the pack link to talk dirty to each other.

“That wouldn’t surprise me,” Danica scoffed. “Usually the college kids lounge around in there instead of in their rooms. It’s a thing, I don’t ask.”

“Whatever, tonight we’re going to take over and they can enjoy a nice horror movie with us,” I prompted slyly as we walked into the living room. I don’t know if it was just a coincidence or if it was our lucky day, but there were about five hot senior boys hanging in the living room, staring blankly at the TV.

“Hey, Taylor,” Dan nodded towards one of the boys before I could open my mouth to say something.

“’Sup Dan,” he nodded back, his eyes then falling on me. “Who are your friends there?” he then asked, his friends looking over with interest.

“Oh, this is Maggie, Danica, KC, and my girl, Amber,” he introduced, heading towards the couch, leaving a space open between him and Taylor. Mentally calling dibs, I casually walked over and sat down between them.