Chapter 7 ~ The Devil and his Hell Hounds

Ashington Upper Middle School

Five Years Ago

Seventh Grade

"And she ran out crying,"

"Oh my god, she's such a baby,"

"She's so weird. I can't believe her. I wish she would just get her face out of this school."

I glared back at the table barely four feet away, all the girls from my theater class and more who all wish I was dead sat, eating their lunches. They barely spoke in hush tones, maybe not realizing I was there, maybe wanting me to hear. I clenched my orange tightly in my hand, juice beginning to run through my fingers and down my wrist.

One girl suddenly saw me staring and shushed her friends, all their eyes turning towards me. Each of them gave me a nasty glare before moving their heads closer together, now whispering. With the orange crushed in my hand, I threw it at the other table, the fruit landing in the middle and spilling some of their drinks. 

I shot up from my chair, my fists clenched tightly by my sides, tears threatening to pour out. I walked up to the table, glaring down at the girls.

"Do you really think I'm that stupid?" I snarled. "Do you think I'm deaf?" They continued glaring up at me, some giggling and murmuring to each other. I banged my fist down on the table; rattling it and making the girls shut their traps and look at me.

"I have never done shit to you. I didn't even know you before this year." I yelled. "You think I didn't hear you talking about me? I'm sitting a freaking table away. Did you think that I was stupid enough not to understand you were talking about me?"

"We weren't talking about you," a weasel-girl named Erin Saunders sneered. I glared down at her, my teeth clenched so tightly I swear they were going to break.

"I heard my name about ten times you witch," I snapped. Each of their jaws dropped at my fancy wording. "I can't believe any of you," I glared at them all once more before walking back to my chair, collapsing down in it, my body shaking violently from adrenaline. I had never, never done anything like that before. Never stood up for myself before.

I buried my face in my hands and couldn't fight back the tears anymore. They flowed out crazily, no more self-control left in me. My body shook and quivered uncontrollably. It wasn't till they spoke up did I know my friends had come.