more revelations

The medical room was clean, bright and monotonous.

Alexis squinted as her eyes peeled open slowly, reluctantly.

She was laying on a metal table; her shoulder blades dug into it uncomfortably and she wriggled as she drifted back into consciousness. As her vision cleared she drank in the room; white and grey colours of surfaces and machines made it seem stark, and whilst she identified what she assumed was an electronic image of her own body on the wall, she had no idea what any of the symbols or words surrounding it meant.

Any other time these surroundings would have made her feel safe, but there was something about the room that made her feel uneasy. Unable to identify what it was exactly, Alexis decided to scan the room again. Was it the heavy looking walls and doors?

Now she frowned. She had never been a claustrophobic person, but suddenly the thought of being stuck in this box like room made her skin prickle, and she felt her heartbeat start to pulsate a little faster, as if there were something deep inside of her saying 'danger'.

The solitary noise that filled the room began to accelerate as Alexis' feelings began to swell and take over her body, sharp beeps, which only encouraged her to quickly sit  up and swing her legs over the metal board and onto the floor. She needed to get out of this cage. 

The blonde girl loped to the metal doors, ripping off various wires which trailed after her as if they were leeches attempting to drain  the life from her body, her only desire being for the doors to open. She looked for a button, a lever, anything which looked like it had the power to set her free; when she found none of these things, she resorted to slamming her hands against the cold metal desperately.

"Professor? Bobby? Storm? Anyone?!" 

No response. 

The silence did nothing to soothe her. After a few more quick, unsuccessful attempts at getting someone's attention Alex's pleas began to turn into something more sinister, rage.

She turned from the doors and looked at the room before her, so calm, and smug, like it knew it could hold a mutant like her. Her stomach stirred dangerously and she felt a flash of recognition, back to the day when her mother had found her passed out in the middle of the remains of her bedroom. Yet, instead of feeling scared that her mutation was back, she felt relieved. Happy, almost. A wolfish grin crept on to her face before she roared.

"LET. ME. OUT"

--

By the time Charles Xavier had made it down to the medical room with all the teachers he desired, it was, as he had expected, too late.

Once the doors opened, there was no escaping the damage that had been done to the, fortunately less expensive, medical room. Wires that had been pulled apart fizzled pathetically on the floor, bolts and hinges were scattered everywhere like Christmas decorations, the things they had been holding together thrown meters away, and finally, there in the centre of all the carnage was the now subdued Alexis Brook, sat on the floor with her knees drawn to her chest.

Storm, Jean, Scott and Logan were all speechless, although they knew they shouldn't have been. They knew better than most that mutations could cause the unbelievable to happen, but perhaps it was the shock of a new mutant's power finally being displayed. Especially in this case, to the untrained eye Alexis looked like the kind of girl who would struggle to carry a bunch of heavy books herself, let alone wreak this much havoc on a room single-handedly. 

Of them all, Logan was the first to say a single word.

"Temper, temper."

A/N: Alexis is changing. Do we like?