Chapter 15- Upside Down

Principal Norris turned to face the three of us. No, she looked straight to Angelica.

I can tell Angelica was terrified about what'll happen because she swallowed hard and her hands were shaking.

Mrs. Norris faced Ashley again, with disappointment all over her face. I couldn't tell who's she's disappointed with. Either Angelica or Ashley. Well, she answered it for me.

"Ashley Froste..." she began.

Ashley's face crumpled with confusion.

"... I'm very much disappointed in you and your actions." The principal said with a straight face.

"My actions? wha--" Ashley almost shouted to her face right after she got cut off.

"Shush! Spare me." She walked towards us and talked to Angelica with a calm and worried face. "I'm sorry this happened to you, dear. Your scholarship will be fine, keep it up. I only wonder, is it true you witnessed Ms. Froste forging a report card?"

"Yes. Hers to be exact." Angelica answered without hesitation.

Principal Norris took a deep breath as she closed her eyes then exhaled. The school bell rang and students were still gathering around us so she announced, "Students, kindly go to your first period classes. Go along, now. Scatter."

"You too, Ms. Smith and Mr. Crosswood go on now or you'll be late." Principal Norris gestured to me and Ryan.

When I, Ryan and other students were walking to our classrooms, obviously we still overheard their conversation because the hall echoes in pretty much anything that vibrates.

"I'm glad you bumped into me Ms. Froste. I was actually looking for you. I called your parents last night to inform them. I didn't tell them it was final because it wasn't approved then. But now... Er... here you go." Principal Norris handed papers to Ashley.

It seemed everyone was intrigued at the situation so we all walked slowly to hear every word. I knew it's bad to eavesdrop but this is really getting interesting.

"What are you talking about?!" Ashley almost shouted.

"Wha-- WHAT?!" she yelled as she read the papers.

"Yes. We'll call your parents right away. I don't doubt they're gonna be much disappointed than me." The principal said calmly.

"No! No, no, no, no, no. NO! IS THIS A PRANK?" Ashley cried. "I'm expelled?!"

She screamed at the top of her lungs like some little girl who lost her Barbie doll. I had to say, she really loves throwing tantrums.

"Excuse me, I have an urgent meeting. Farewell." Principal Norris said after she got a text and walked to the next hallway.

Ashley stood still in the hallway with everybody staring without emotions and then...

Everyone laughed. I don't know if it's right to laugh but everyone got carried away.

"Why are you laughing?!" Ashley faced us as she yelled with tears forming in her eyes.

As bad as her situation now I still can't believe that she couldn't let out a tear. Is her heart that solid?

"That's what you get when you report to a principal in the middle of a hallway, couldn't even wait to go to the office. Dork." A girl at the back shouted. I presumed that girl was one of Ashley's friends but I couldn't believe we had the same thought. Difference between us is she had the fighting spirit to speak up to Ashley right now.

"Shut up, Mina!" Ashley glared at the girl.

"Today's your last day, couldn't you even say something nice for once?" Another girl said.

"Any last words?" A guy joked and everyone laughed.

It's like everything turned upside down for Ashley. It's weird seeing Ashley being the one who's being picked at.
Ashley looked really upset and embarrassed. Guess what they say is true. Even monsters have a heart.

I don't know what I was thinking but I tried to defend Ashley from everyone's jokes and words. "Enough, all of you. Just because she picked on us before, doesn't mean we do the same to her now for vengeance. Let's just get to class now."

Ashley glared at me. She has a very nice way of thanking someone.

"I know you don't like me but let me--" I tried to help her calm down or just say anything to make her comfortable after an embarrassing moment.

"Do not pity me!" She cut me off, words flowing through her mouth clearly, every syllable. She was being too stubborn.

Well, I tried. She really doesn't like me. I slightly smiled at her and shrugged right before I walked away.

A/N:
Ashley's like a child, no?
-Shy