Chapter 12- Still Friends?

Afma. Of course. It's their stupid group that they called "Minions of Froste". It's what they called "loyal" girls to Ashley. Is she a queen or something? Is she kidding? This sounds so childish.

Now I know the meaning of AFMA. It's too obvious 'Ashley Froste's Minion, Angelica'.

Honestly, this stupid thing is kinda funny for me. But I still couldn't believe it. Angelica, my best friend. Of all highschool girls out there, it had to be her. I think she's just forced or anything like that, I just know that she's really a good person.

But right now I'm just hurt that she's included by one of Ashley's stupid games. I need to get out of here. I shouldn't show them that I'm hurt or I'm crying. So I stood up confidently, trying to hold my tears and wiping my face a little.

"In that case, you can date your bloody boyfriend and stay the hell out of my life, Ashley. Please, excuse me." I said politely to her without looking at her face instead, I was staring at Angelica.

I could see how she wanted to say sorry to me through her eyes.

"Yeah like, whatever Smith." Ashley replied with her mean girl stubborn tone. She got out of the way as I walked passed by them. My cheeks are totally burning because of all the people staring.

But I just had to get the hell out of here. I guess I just have to be brave enough to face situations like this.

I was on my way home, walking. I couldn't get Angelica out of my head. She could never do this to me. There's got to be something wrong. Maybe she did this for a good cause? I mean seriously? What good cause is there for her to betray her friend?

As I got home, I directly changed my clothes to my lazy Sunday outfit. I shook everything out of my head and did my homework. Man, I didn't knew that there were a lot of homework to do. I was too busy thinking about Luke before and now I couldn't even believe what happened.

It's past 9 already and I was still doing my homework. After I ate dinner a while ago, Angelica sent me a text message but I ignored it. We'll talk tomorrow anyways in spite of everything that happened.

I shut off my phone and guess what? I thought I'm gonna be able to finish these assignments. Ugh stupid homework can't you deal with your own damn problems?

I didn't feel a bit of myself because of these new words that came out of my mouth. These frequent profanities I've been spitting out of my mouth.

•~•

Ah, Monday. My very favorite day of the week. Well it's a typical highschool day. Everyone was staring at me like they saw a ghost wearing a shirt that reads Please hate me.

I was glad I wasn't wearing glasses so that I couldn't clearly see these people's faces. So it's less embarrassing.

I headed straight to my locker to make or probably waste time staring at it till the first encounter. Or maybe just pretend to get something just to let time pass by.

"Guess who?" said a very familiar voice from my back who was covering both my eyes with his hands.

"Hmm let me guess, my beautiful crush?" I laughed and Ryan did as well, removing his hands off my face.

"Hey, I heard." he said giving me somewhat kind of a pity mixed with worried look. "It's all over school."

"Yeah.. Isn't it amazing how fast the news spreads?" I scoffed in disbelief.

"Well if it's about Luke, you know.... he has like and infinite stalkers and girls who spread rumors about him." Ryan replied.

I replied with a sigh.

"I'm really sorry for what happened but I just can't believe my cousin did that."

"Neither do I. I can't believe Angelica did that as well. It's just not like Angelica." I sighed.

"Uh she told me she wanted to talk to you about everything. Apologize. That kind of stuff. She said anytime you're free just talk to her." Ryan informed me.

"Sure.. Yeah. That would be great." I plastered a smiled.

I really need to talk to Angelica about everything despite of what I'm feeling about her at the moment. I need to know why, how, when, and what made her decide to betray her friends.

•~•

Time passed. Boring lectures. Teachers that causes you to sleep like forever when they discuss.
Awesome Algebra discussions. Wicked.

Then voilà! Dismissal time. Just how fast the time flies.

Today was a blur.

I noticed that every time I got to see Luke today, he kept on avoiding me. What did I do? I certainly am not the one who left a girl waiting in the restaurant. What, he's mad at me for what? Why is he avoiding me? Or I think Luke's girlfriend told him not to talk to me anymore. Oh well, it's their life not mine. I just need to focus on my best friend. Or is she still my best friend? Am I still her best friend?

•~•

I was walking towards my house until someone grabbed my arm from my back.

"Angelica! You startled me!" I squirmed in shock.

"Sorry Rose." Angelica said.

"It's alright." I replied.

"No, I meant I'm really very sorry for everything. Just know that I'm still the same Angelica you know. Something just came up and I had to do it for a certainly good reason. I will never hate you. I love you Rose, you're the best friend I've ever had. I hope you can forgive me. I understand if you need some time to accept  and think about my apology." Angelica let out a couple tears after saying these words whole-heartedly.

I just stood there in front of her, completely out of words to say.

Before I could reply, she added "So what do you say, Rose? Can I get my best friend back and I promise to explain to you what happened? Huh? Still friends?"

A/N:
So what do you think? Is there really a good reason for Angelica to betray her best friend? What could it be?
-Shy