Chapter 14- Terrified

I was walking to school then I heard a familiar voice called out my name. It was Luke's.

He pulled over his car and let out an arm through the rolled down window. "Rose get in. I'll drive you to school." He said.

"No, no, no it's fine I'm used to walking." I smiled. It was totally fine, really. I just guessed it would be awkward when my ex bully who gives me apology and make-up speeches sit too close to me in a closed space i.e. his car.

"Hey I'm good now remember? And I'm still trying to make it up to you." He reminded.

"But--"

"Zip it, now come on. Don't wanna be late, do ya?" He cut me off.

I raised my palms up signalling defeat. I shook my head with a laugh and stepped inside the car, shotgun. I have no idea why I did that. I'm barely far away from school.

"You never can say no to Evans, huh?" He smirked.

"No. I certainly can." I smiled at him and returned the gesture.

It wasn't a long ride. Like literally, it wasn't. It was only like a minute or two. So I was saved by time with our awkward silence. It was a weird awkward silence though. It was weird and awkward yet comfortable.

As I was about to open my side of the door, Luke grabbed my arm and I turn to face him. "Rose."

Our faces were inches away and I couldn't stop staring at his eyes. They were mesmerizing.

Everything went silent except his breath. I could hear and feel his breath. At this moment, I remembered the touch of his lips when he kissed me before. I felt a sudden need to kiss him again. But something told me to blink out of my trance-like gaze at him or else we'll both be late in first period.

I definitely ruined the moment.

"What is it?" I breathed out, realizing I wasn't breathing normally when we were caught in a moment.

"Oh.. uh.. I was just gonna say that I'll open the door for you. Wait a second." He answered, completely distracted. It seemed like he forgot what he was gonna say. He stepped out of the car and walked around the front then opened my door.

"Milady." He bowed down and offered me to take his hand like I was a royalty stepping out of a carriage or a limousine.

I laughed in disbelief. I took his hand and stepped out the car. He's like a six year old playing around. I found this version of him cute.

"Look, I know you're trying to be a gentleman but this is way over the top, people are staring." I giggled.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's just that I never thought of you being like this." Then there's this moment again when we both stare into each other's eyes.

"I can be whomever you want me to be. I'd do it. For you." He cupped my cheek with his hand. 

It felt warm. I touched this hand on my face, embracing the moment and closed my eyes.

He leaned forward and pulled my face closer as our lips attached. Our lips synch in movement. He rested his hands on my waist and mine playing with his hair and resting at the back of his neck. I heard whispers near us but we didn't mind and never broke the passionate kiss. This time, as our kiss went deeper, I found myself tip toeing to his height. I didn't realize he was this tall.

Moments later we pulled away, trying to catch our breaths. He placed his forehead onto mine and said, "I know this is too fast but I also know this, you are amazing."

I smiled.

•~•

I was on my locker and Angelica accompanied me. "So how was it?" she squeaked.

"How was what?" I raised a brow in confusion.

"Come on you know. Everyone knows. Practically even witnessed it with their own eyes." She replied convincingly. She gave me the look.

"Oh you mean the kiss? Well, it was.. Uh.." I hesitated to reply, finding the right words.

"Hot?" Angelica filled up for me. "Sexy?"

I laughed at her ideas. "Sweet. It was sweet." I corrected. "But I have to admit it was kind of hot as you say." I wiggled my brows and we started to laugh.

Everything were good until Ashley approached us with a stubborn face. "Angelica?! What are you doing with her?!" Ashley gave me a disgusted look but I didn't mind and I don't really care anymore.

I'm just annoyed that she has to ruin my day, again.

"Angelica's not your little bitch anymore, Froste." Ryan walked in the scene and stood with us. "Rose filled me in a bit, Angie. Glad you're back cuz." He said to Angelica.

Angelica replied, "Thanks cuz."

"Hello?! Back to me people?" Ashley spoke up with desperation for people to notice her presence.

"What do you mean you're not my little follower anymore? Remember what I have against you?"

"You don't own me. And yes I do remember." Angelica replied to her.

"So you understand that you're gonna lose your scholarship?" Ashley said with a face too stubborn to admit defeat.

"Whatever. You're mean and no one likes you. So why don't you stay the hell out of our lives." Angelica said confidently.

"Come on guys, she's not worth it for us to be late." Angelica addressed to us and we walked away. I realized there were people surrounding the scene.

Ashley stood behind us in disbelief. As her stubborn, mean self, she squirmed, "You'll pay for this Angelica! I'll tell Principal Norris about this!"

None of the three of us minded what she said until...

"In fact, she's here right now!" Ashley shouted. We all turned to face her.

She told the principal about her fake story about Angelica confidently on the hallway with people watching and listening. Seriously? Can't she wait for them to talk it out in the office? What's wrong with this girl anyway? Is she just plain mean?

Principal Norris turned to face the three of us. No, she looked straight to Angelica.

I could tell Angelica was terrified about what'll happen because she swallowed hard and her hands were shaking.

A/N:
So whatcha think?
-Shy