Chapter 1

Chapter One

Swing left, swing right, duck under, spin around, decapitate.

"And it's down, yeah it's dead, in I came and it lost its head."

I turned around to find Laurence singing while inspecting the lifeless corps of a vampire that was part of an attack. This was the fourth attack in two weeks, they were becoming more frequent and powerful but we were handling it. You see, in these countries we're surrounded by vampires, with six nests that we know about but there are almost definitely more out there. We still don't know why they are here or why they attack us, all we know is that in order to survive we must kill every one of them that crosses paths with us.

"Why do you have to sing that every time you kill one?" Kier called out as he strode over to us. He was a member of the Garrison, we all were.

Kier was a joker, yet sensible and the master of the crossbow. He was average height with his trademark red fringe and skull belt buckle. He's always up for a laugh but knows when to cut it out.

Laurence, lets just say that he's not the most serious of the group but with the intelligence of a professor. He liked to fight with swords so sharp that they could split you in two with one graceful movement. Okay, they were just normal swords, but you would not be able to win against them.

Next is Drew, the best way to describe him is mental, just completely and utterly mental. That kid has too much energy let me tell you. Sometimes the rest of the Garrison question his sanity, but one thing you do not question is his ability to use absolutely anything to fight with and win every time.

The fourth member is Luke. He's the tallest and strongest out of all if us in the Garrison but as soft as a kitten even if he doesn't show it. With hair to rival any woman's he is the master of a mace and if you were a vampire you should be very scared of him when against him.

The leader of the Garrison in Captain Rogers. The scariest of all of us and yet the one who looks after us in times of need, or when Drew is panicking because he's lost a sock again. The best knife thrower I have ever seen and manages to keep us in order as well as look after and raise her three small children.

Now we move onto the last member of the Garrison, me. My name is Cyrus Barrone, well in this world it is. I'm shy I guess and don't really talk a lot, but no one can question me when I have an axe in my hand and dead vampire on the ground by my feet. I know that sounds big headed but it's kind of my job to kill vampires so I need to be good at it.

I'm telling you about our weapons because to us, apart from each other, they were the things we valued most. Without who we fight with and what we fight with we would not be there to fight, we would be dead or running around sucking some innocent person's blood. So, these two things were every important.

"Dude, you know its my ritual. Think of it as me sending this sucker to hell." Laurence said as he smiled when Kier and Luke walked over.

"Sucker? Really? Out of all the things you could have used you said sucker?" Luke mumbled and shook his head in disbelief, to which I simply muffled laughed.

"Where's Drew?" I asked as we walked back to headquarters. Thinking about it I hadn't seen him since before the attack. I was worried about him, I really don't know how he can hold his own in battle.

"He's fine, he's with Rogers. They went to check on the outer village to see what damage had been done." Luke informed me as he put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Now, let's get some food my stomach is about to implode." And off we went to the great hall for a well earned meal.

When we met up with Drew he told us that there were no deaths and not a lot of damage, which was good, it ment we were holding them off. For now.

After that discussion and finishing our meal we all retreated to our dorms as it was starting to get late. My dorm was nothing special, a bed in the corner with a simple blanket covering that had a badside table next to and a little desk on the opposite wall. The desk was covered random scatterings of drawing equipment and stationary with the odd attempt at artwork buried beneath it. The room and it's contence wasn't much, but it was my home. I felt like I belonged there. 

I did my nighttime routine then climbed into the uncomfortable bed. I gazed up at the ceiling with my mind wondering until fell into a deep sleep, knowing that when I woke up it would be in a different place and I would be a different person.

Well, that's the first chapter. I hope you enjoyed it and will continue to read my story.

Please let me know if you see any mistakes in spelling and stuff so that I can correct them.

Dedicated to rosiegloom for her awesomeness! *-*

Ellie ^-^