Chapter Sixteen

"Threats... Threats..." I murmur, the lacrima within my hands slowly cracking and snapping. Small shards crumbling off towards the floor below. Lavita's wings upon my back contracting as they keep me soaring above the clouds. Her spectral form not in sight, yet the bow clasped over my left annex.

I miss having her nagging in my ear...

Then again, she's never been the same since meeting her own kind. Well... that's technically not true. She isn't from that Extalia place the other exceeds mentioned, nor did I find her in an egg and watch her grow into the sharp tongued and dangerous little cat she is right now.

That's a fault on my part.

From the centre of the lacrima, its oil slowly, yet furiously leaks out, spilling down and vanishing down through the clouds that are dark and thundery. The thatched house beneath me home to one of the few last Night crawlers. I have no clue whether they are inside – but risks are always best.

It's not like anyone will care, I certainly won't.

"Come out to play..." Tipping the rest of the oil over the edge, it cascades down in its heaps. My fingers releasing the remaining lacrima as I lower down through the lightning infused clouds. The closest town miles away, for this country is nothing but hills and mountains.

A country far east of Fiore.

I'm no longer in their borders.

"One... Two... Three... Four..." I count, the static electricity around me building as a flash of lightning crumbles down towards the ground. The strike metres of the trail of oil incidentally missing causing a flare of anger.

"Seven, Eight..." Another bolt of lightning slams down – missing once again. My lip raising up at the corner to induce a snarl. Where's Lavita when I need her? She needs to calm me down-...

My mind refuses to acknowledge that I want Rogue to aid my cause... Ignoring all of those bright faces that should've helped me. But they'd never understand.

They'd see me a psychotic, worthless.

And I'd fight back. I wouldn't be able to control it. I'm no animal for a cage. I am a warrior. A goddess of destruction, a demented women with a magic that should be called a curse.

The thunder rumbling through the air snaps my thoughts in half, the rumbles vibrating seconds after each blast of bright, yellow light that would shock you till you are a fried piece of meat on the ground.

"Thirteen, fourteen, fifteen." Irritation builds as it misses again. My aim is getting worse by the second – probably because this worthless body is wasting away.

"Twenty-four..." Another miss.

"Thirty eight." With the building anger, the blast of lightning fires down and immediately onto the oil. A trail of angered flames travel along the ground till the thatched-roofed house before it explodes.

Despite its age, the items inside were clearly labelled, 'Flammable'. Without going inside, the stench of the containments were easy enough to declare.

"Whatever you were planning... Has failed." With the flames raging on ahead, my body lowers till the floor. Another swirl adorning my body to emphasise the death of another, night crawler.

My body is covered in them. A sign of accomplishment, yet pain of how many there are wondering the streets of this continent.

"However, I was wondering when you'd appear..." With feet hitting the floor, I smirk as I glance towards my right. The area a desert, with no oasis's or life desecrating the land. Upon a far mountain, the blurred image of a person standing strong, having watched my entire display. "Ever regret your choices?" I question, my sight still locked on him.