Chapter Eleven

"Hold on, I don't recall doing anything illegal or of bad nature towards Crocus." I retort, the cogs in my mind reeling as I try to remember ever committing a crime. Yet a blank. Because I've never committed one! Lalita hovers over to my feet, wrapping her paws around one of my legs.

Her eyes holding fear as she shuffles around so she's barely visible behind my legs. "Yeah! That's right. Erstera and Lalita have been with us constantly since the beginning of the games and even before the games." Sting pipes in, jumping onto my right hand side, while Rogue stays close to my left.

Rogue grabbing my hand tightly, my body shuffling even closer to his side.

"Eye witness reports declare you the criminal. Resisting us is another criminal offense against the king himself." The main guard calls out, stepping up incredible close to me with cuffs in hand, ones suitable for me, and the others suitable for Lalita.

Rogue steps forward, extending his arm out in front of me before stepping out and blocking me from view. The silence unnerving and worrying as I feel the burning eyes of multiple people judging me. Becoming weary of me at this sudden false accusation.

"Like Sting said, Erstera and Lalita have been with us since the beginning of the games. They're our comrades... Nothing they've done has been anything illegal." Rogue comments, at the corner of my eyes, I spot two of the members from Jagger Claw with tilted heads, watching with amusement.

"These two were spotted sneaking into the palace last night and escaping before being caught by the guards. Our theories on the suspects were confirmed when eye witnesses declared Erstera and Lalita of Sabertooth leaving Bar Sun only thirteen minutes before they jumped the palace walls." The guard states, holding out a scrolled piece of parchment.

Lalita's grip tightens as she looks in the same direction, catching sight of the two members who I've told her about. "If my memory serves me correct, Erstera and Lalita went east after leaving the bar. Not west towards the palace." Rufus speaks up, tilting his hat.

Confusion lining my face. It seems someone did see us leave the bar.

Shaking my head to rid of my thoughts, I place a hand on Rogue's tense shoulder. Giving a soft smile as I pick up Lalita and place her on my shoulder. Determination gleaming in my eyes, to show my innocence. I won't allow Sabertooth's name to be stained for some un-kempt crime that didn't involve me.

"Lalita isn't a bad exceed! Nor is Erstera a bad person!" Lector calls out, defending Lalita more than myself, which I'm glad for. She's fitting in well with the other exceeds which fills my heart with joy.

"Fro thinks so too!" Frosche agrees, waving her paws in the air.

Stepping around Rogue, I hold my hands out in front of me, showing my wrists. My insides burning, hating the submission I'm showing. Not once have I ever given in. Ever. Not even back then-...

"Erstera!" Rogue calls out, stepping forward yet I turn my head, glancing over my shoulder as the cuffs are clasped over my wrists, and over Lalita's. The sudden drain of my magic exhausting. Past memories filtering through my mind which I don't want to surface.

"Do not fret Rogue... Sting, Rufus, Frosche and Lector." I begin, passing him a soft smile. Frosche now on his shoulder with tears brimming. "Myself and Lalita went straight back to the hotel room last night. Fighting against it is pointless. When they find the real criminals who set us up. Lalita and I will demand an apology. Simple so."

Rolling my wrists, the cuffs clinking together as Lalita frowns, sliding down my shoulder as I hold her in my arms. Not wanting to let her fall due to the lack of wings. "Are you insane?!" Rogue calls out, causing me to whimper from the tone of his voice. I don't like the tone. It doesn't suit him and it makes my heart clench.