Chapter Ten

The click of the door alerts both myself and Lalita that the door is shut completely, my fingers curling around the lock as I twist it, another clicking telling me that no-one will be able to open it, unless someone smashes it down and creates a ruckus.

Both Lalita and myself the only members of Sabertooth back at the hotel, as everyone else stayed, we simply slipped out without no-one noticing, or even telling anyone. Yet it's none of their concern.

Lalita sitting on the double bed, shuffling nervously with her ears pressed against her head. Twiddling her paws together on her lap as I see her eyes locked on me as I shuffle towards the open doored balcony. Locking the sliding glass door, then closing the blinds and curtains.

Lalita flicking on the bedside lights that give an ambient glow to the room, as the deep coloured curtains of the hotel room block out the beautiful view of Crocus. "Erstera..." Lalita mumbles, her eyes trained on her me, burning holes into the back of my neck, my grip on the curtains tightening that if with any quick movements, I know my nails will rip into it and be charged, yet I don't care.

"Erstera. Sit. Calm down." Lalita soothes, only now do I realise my heaving chest, my lungs failing to get much oxygen into them. Hyperventilating, I feel my toes curling and crack. My knee's caving in and slamming to the ground. A squeal reaching my ears as my vision blurs.

A large crack resounding around the room.

Nails trailing down the curtains, slicing them and shredding them. A sharp pain erupting along my head as my body gets concaved. My blurry sight spotting the curtain pole that's fallen from its hanging point above the screen door. Ripping my nails from the curtain's material, I press my hands against my chest, feeling my heart beat too quick.

Pain. Agony. Stupidity.

Those thoughts running through my mind as I close my eyes. Lalita pulling and tugging the curtains and its pole away from me, it scrapping against the floor. "Erstera... Deep breathes... Think of Rogue." Lalita soothes, climbing onto my lap and wrapping her small paws around my bodice covered chest.

He flashes in my mind, his black hair and baron red eyes gleam in my mind. My chest constricted as pain continues to lace itself through my organs and veins. Sweat rippling through my skin yet I can tell my cheeks aren't drenched by sweat, but coaxed with sticky, wet, salty tears.

'Think of Rogue. Think of Rogue...' I internally think, removing my hands from my chest as I slowly wrap my arms around Lalita, hugging her close to my body.

"Yes Erstera. Think of Rogue. Think of the guy who cares about you." She speaks softly. I do exactly that, repeating it in my mind continuously. My breathing evens out as the rain subsides, yet it still lingers like a unwanted bug. With wobbly legs, seat coaxing my skin and tears hanging over my eyes, I slowly stand up, gripping the walls as a whipping. Yet a small breeze flows past me.

Opening my eyes, they widen at the pile of shredded curtains, bent pole and a smashed piece of glass on the screen door that must've been from the force of my fall. Shaking my head, I slowly shuffle towards the bed, sitting down on the edge with Lalita still on my lap.

My eyes locking with hers as a faint smile raises to her lips. "Thinking of Rogue really does help huh? You do rely on him and that's good! That's good-... But what's going on Erstera? You panic me... You just collapsed!" Lalita speaks, getting quicker with each words.

Loosening my arms, I raise my hands and wipe my eyes with the back of my hands. Shivers trembling up my spine as I sniffle, trying my best to hold back to sob knowing all too well I should be the strong one in this situation. I feel all too pathetic... yet it's not like I'm scared.