Chapter Seven

"Give it up for our first place contestants, Sabertooth!" My ears twitch at the large amount of cheers, that of the same capacity of Fairytail's. Names being chanted as Sting leads us through the tunnel, the fire burning on the torches sharp and warming the air of the naturally chilled tunnel.

Rogue's arms around my legs tighten as we get closer towards the light at the end of the one of my arms wrapping around both exceeds while my spare hand clutches a small amount of Rogue's hair gently, keeping myself balanced with each step he takes.

"Careful, Erstera. I don't want you falling." Rogue states, catching the attention of all the members who are walking beside us in the tunnel. A strange heat corrupting my cheeks as I shake my head to rid of it.

"I won't fall... Don't worry, Rogue." I mumble softly in reply, seeing that he was awaiting an answer. The metal of my attire clacking and clattering together as my toes curl inside my shoes. Fears slowly beginning to eat away of my flesh.

Lalita noticing my tense figure runs her paws gently over the arm I have around her and Frosche, who joins in quickly. A happy expression on her face – like always.

"I really wish I could participate... This whole thing sounds fun..." Lalita grumbles, barely audible over the audience's chants and cheers. I chuckle softly, running a thumb over her ear as Frosche wiggles in my hold. Both of them trying to distract me, yet its barely working.

Sting breaks free of the tunnel first with Lector at his side, grinning widely as the lacrima's zoom in on them both. We soon follow. Rufus tilting his hat with a smirk, Orga fist bumping the air, Yukino smiling softly as I keep my hold of Rogue.

Shivering under all the gazes. I bury my face into both exceed's head, yet it doesn't stop the calculating stares from the audience and guilds. Well... It does make sense, new girl on Rogue's shoulders with un-natural eyes and hair.

Great. I swear my cloak was one of my only solaces from this. Lalita being another... And the forests foliage... And finally Rogue-...

Tightening my hold on both exceeds, my other hand no-longer wrapped in Rogue's hair. I lean down, my mouth close to his ear. "I can stand now. My legs will no-longer falter at the amount of people." I mutter softly to him.

Rogue nods, his arms loosening as I slowly sling my leg over his head so I'm seated on one of his shoulders instead of both. Lalita and Frosche jumping from my hold as their wings sprout and lower themselves to the ground.

"Careful, Erstera-sam-... Erstera." Yukino calls out softly, still standing gently at our side. Rufus and Orga having wondered off somewhere while Sting has sprinted off in the direction of the body with salmon pink hair.

Lector grabs both Frosche's and Lalita's paws before sprinting after his partner towards other exceeds that I haven't seen before.

"I'll be careful, don't worry. Yukino." I smile softly, Rogue raising his hands clasping them around my waist before sliding my off his shoulder and not letting go until my feet are planted firmly on the ground. Yet, his hands reluctantly leave my waist.

"Come, let's introduce you to Fairytail." Rogue mutters, nudging my shoulder with his own and motioning me to head in the direction Sting, and the exceeds' went.

"They were who you were with, weren't they? Before you brought me back to the hotel." I mutter the end, glancing up to Rogue as Yukino sprints past us, straight towards a busty female who grins and strike up a conversation seconds later.

"Yeah, We were with Fairytail, they'll introduce themselves, they're good people. Helped Sabertooth change last year." Rogue replies. Stopping suddenly, my hands clutching together in front of me as Rogue turns, glancing at me with his mesmerizing red eyes.