Chapter Three

With the quietness surrounding us, I keep my eyes glancing around. The country fields filled with animals and crops. The fields thriving, and surrounding the town that now enters our sight in the distance. The sun covered by thick clouds, stopping my hair from shining within its rays.

Lalita sitting on my shoulder. Shifting uncomfortably every few moments. Her paws gripping my hair for support to stay sitting naturally. while Frosch is asleep in Rogue's arms. Snoring faintly with a relaxed face.

My hood still down, Rogue's presence soothing, and the need to keep my hood up has vanishes. My eyes catching him glancing at me every few moments. Walking down into the guild hall with my hood down shocked Lalita the most, yet all I gave was a shrug. But, I know for a fact, later on when we are alone. I'm going to be questioned.

Although, I did get multiple compliments from Yukino and other females within the guild. Frosch even ended up running her paws happily through my hair. Her eyes were gleaming with wonder. Nothing can make that exceed frown.

His hair tied into a pony tail, yet his bangs still hang down loosely over his eyes. I wouldn't' say it aloud, but having his hair up makes him look even better. I honestly don't even know what's been running through my mind. Damn brain!

My eyes scanning over the parchment multiple times. Taking down some dark guild mages, hand them over and then gain a huge reward. Simple enough in ways, yet, for my first job. Being nervous comes in the package.

We left Sabertooth a few hours ago, and this request is only in the town over, so instead of wasting jewels on a train, we simple walked. Well, Rogue and I did. The two exceed's haven't used their paws once. But, Rogue's reluctance when mentioning a train to begin with was quite amusing.

Even mentioning a train in the guild hall in front of Sting had his face going purple with sickness. Do they both have something in common? I will never know.- Wait. I will know. Eventually.

"So, these mages will have Magic. But it doesn't specify how many there is. There could be more than a few if we aren't careful." I question lightly. Rubbing my chin with my thumb and forefinger.

"With the amount of reward, I'm guessing a few. This town is known for its expensive stalls and shops. It's a magnet for bandits and mages. Sting and myself have had to do the same thing before. It's predicable and should be done quickly." He states, still walking by my side.

The town getting closer and closer with every simple step. My legs beginning to ache. I haven't rested and only arrived at Sabertooth earlier on. The muscles contracting and springing pain up them. Remind me to sleep in the town overnight.

"Alright. I guess that's okay. I might be abit rusty with taking down multiple enemies." I grin sheepishly, my eyes closed while doing so. "So, forgive me if I fail miserably."

Lalita huffs. "Come on Erstera. Without even a second glance, you fired that man in the thigh, and from the distance we were at, that should of at least taken two! And may I remind you he was running?" I roll my eyes. Nodding faintly.

"Amateurs." Lalita grins, nodding in agreement, jumping off my shoulder and flying up ahead. Frosch's eyes open faintly

_______________

Knocking firmly on the mahogany door of a large building in the centre of town, it creaks open, and we are greeted by an old man with silvering hair with tux like attire, although missing a tie to complete his whole 'butler' look.

"Hello. We are here from Sabertooth." Rogue raises the Parchment. The man's features light up quickly before allowing us in. With hardwood floorboards and multiple doors. He leads up to the back stairs which is covered in a thick brown carpet.