Chapter Eight

"Pick your participants, and we will then announce the game, and rules of 'target'!" Chapati calls out through his microphone, moments later after announcing the name of the first battle. My eyes glancing around the different guilds who bunch up. Picking their participants.

"Novally from Quatro Cerberus! Milianna from Mermaid Heel!" He begins, cheers for the first two participants. Their comrades leaving the arena floor giving them the spotlight. Their faces appearing on the lacrima's.

"Eve from Blue Pegasus! 'L' from Jagger Claw! Cana from Fairytail B!" Swooning females at Eve's name, confusion and confliction from the mysterious figure of Jagger Claw and Cana... Wobbles and is gurgling down... what I can guess is beer from the strong stench.

"Wendy from Fairytail A! Chelia from Lamia Scale!" My ears perk up. Perfect. I grin, patting Rogue's head, unwinding myself from him and stepping forward, raising a hand towards my comrades.

"I wish to do this one... Please?" With grins and excited looks, they nod. Well, they haven't exactly seen my magic besides Rogue. I'm not even sure I've told them properly.

"Do your best..." Rogue murmurs, giving a slight embrace before stepping back.

'Awwh's' erupting from the crowd causing a blush to decorate my cheeks.

Rogue picking up Frosche and Lalita before wondering towards the tunnel Sting sprinting on ahead. "Just think of me Erstera! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!" Lalita yells out before vanishing into the tunnel.

My comrades laughter echoing.

"And from Sabertooth, we have Erstera!" With twitching ears, I, along with the other competitors crowd around the mascot... pumpkin man thing... Crossing my arms over my chest, causing clanks and clashes of my attire.

"In a few moments, over two hundred targets will be spread throughout the arena! And like the name, you will use your magic to take down as many as possible! Some will be moving swiftly, the quickly moving ones will be more points than the none moving ones!" Mato begins, jumping from his left foot, to his right.

"So basically, it's all about aiming? Shame for them who's magic is close combat..." I concur, rolling my neck as a wisp of wind flutters past us. "Although, let's say you were to take someone out during the game. Would you gain their points?"

Mato nods, grinning madly. "Of course! It's as simple as that! And Yes! If you were to hit someone with your magic, you would gain their points, and they'd be pushed back down to zero!" Grimacing, I now know I need to focus. It won't be easy, and I know exactly who I'm changing.

Being sorted into different sections of the arena, Mato runs off the field. A large magical pressure appearing around us as the magical circle spawns in the air above. Summoning hundreds of targets. Some moving, some not, some very swiftly. Yet above each is the amount of points they are worth.

The gong is hit, and I watch as no-one moves, knowing all too well the first few seconds, if going towards the targets first can be the worst for them as you will be hit almost instantly from one of the other competitors.

"My deepest apologises Lamia Scale!" I call out, the sand expanding around me, as I sprint swiftly towards Chelia whose eyes are wide at the sudden words that left my lips. Confusion is a great attribute, giving me time.

I press my hand against her chest. Muttering the simple words under my voice as her body glows. She's a kind girl, so I leave any form of pain out of it. I feel her god slayer magic surge through my veins. The glowing stops, showing off the bow I've created.

Anyone who uses wind magic, or air magic becomes a bow. It was between Wendy and Chelia, but Chelia was closer to me.

With a strong structure, Black in design to match her magic, along with the string. Curls, swirls and pink splashes to match her hair. Black mist wrapping around the bow and flowing off and dissipating. I can feel the arrows shift colour and design to match the bow also.