Chapter 40{Edited}

Heat flooded my face as Saebriels eyes stretched wide with shock, my heart skipped inside of my chest. The air around us went dead and the house was clenched in awkward silence, every creak was like laughter taunting the words that hung in the air now. We waited painfully for either one to say something, his hands loosened on me leaving a horrible chill behind. I didn’t want him to let me go.

“Aderyn… I-” He struggled to even say my name, the shock was plain in his eyes and on his face. Neither of us could believe what had just been said, especially me. Panic filled my chest like lead and my body moved accordingly. I pushed—or at least tried to push— Sabe away, but when my hands hit his chest he wouldn’t budge.

“Move” I hissed under my breath.

“Calm down.” He sighed moving closer instead.

I shook my head pushing on his chest again, “No! Damnit let me up.” I shouted at him biting my bottom lip angrily.

“Why are you getting so upset?” he asked grabbing both my hands and holding them down at my sides, “Do those words upset you?”

“No, now get off of me.” I whispered shutting my watering eyes, those three disastrous words whenever they were said that was it, no going back from there.

He wasn’t listening to me, either that or he was being a cruel bastard and was going to taunt me. Tears pricked at my eyes and I felt more ashamed at the stinging sensation. I was pathetic crying like this, it felt more like a plea for attention than for a legitimate reason.

“Rin look at me.”

“No.” I hissed at him shaking my head harder.

“All I’m asking is for you to look me in the eye Rin, nothing else.” He whispered kissing my cheek lightly, his breath tickling up my jaw.

I opened my eyes slowly and cursed as the tears raced forward tearing down myred cheeks to drip off my jaw and chin. Saebriels lips traced the salty line back up to my eyes following the tears with kisses, planting a soft kiss on either eye.

“No reason to be sad Rin.” He sighedas my eyes opened fully again.

“I’m not sad I’m embarrassed and upset, move.” I snapped struggling against his hands that stillheld my hands at my sides.

This time he shook his head, “Not just yet, I want you to say it again. I want to hear those words from your mouth again.”

My eyes narrowed and acid rose in the back of my throat, “Why so you can laugh!”

“So I can feel my heart skip!” he shouted back pushing me back so I was lying down on the couch staring up at him, “Say it again.” He growled leaning closer.

He was propped above me on his hands and knees just watching and waiting for me to say something or to move.