Chapter 39{Edited}

“Are you hungry Rin?” he whispered in my ear, when they had all cleared out.

“I’m more tired than hungry, but I really should eat something.” I murmured.

A comforting silence settled in the living room where only Vampires sat and me, I should have been unnerved by them all sitting there watching me. But really it wasn’t so bad. I had gotten used to having them here and now it just felt right.

“Is there anything in particular you would like to eat?” Sabe asked leading me from the living room across the small hallway to my kitchen.

“Nothing special, and no soup.”

“How about cinnamon toast.” He offered stepping away from me and moving acrossthe kitchen to one of my many cupboards opening it and pulling down a container filled with a fine powder the color of dry rust and sand.

“That sounds delicious.” I sighed hopping up onto my counter.

Herald, Bizzy, Argon and Mercury filed into the kitchen and stood in a line up waiting for something. Saebriel ignored them and continued on making me cinnamon toast.

“Saebriel, we should call the council in on this.” Herald broke the silence.

“No we shouldn’t.” Sabe replied calmly.

I scowled at him, “Why call the council?”

Herald ignored me as usual, and Saebriel just wasn’t going to answer my question because then he would have to elaborate. Damn this was annoying.

“You know this is Rastiel’s case, if you don’t notify him now he’ll find out later and be pissed.” Herald growled walking away.

“Rastiel does not need to know yet. We don’t even know if it really is Icarus!” Saebriel shouted back breaking his cool exterior.

“Icarus was trying to kill me wasn’t he?” Saebriels shoulders tightened and he glanced back at me, he pulled out a glass from one of the top shelves.

“No he was trying to make you into a human servant.”

I shook my head, “In the vision Sabe, he was trying to kill me wasn’t he.”

Saebriel crushed the glass he had in his hand sending shards of clear glass tinkering out across the linoleum floor. Argon and Mercury moved closer towards me being careful not to touch the shards.

“We’re done with this subject.” Saebriel growled. I slid from the counter wincing as I stepped onto the glass.

“Why does he want me dead Saebriel? What point could he have in killing me.”

He slammed his hands down onto the table top shaking the house, “I am done with this subject Aderyn!” He shouted turning to look at me.