Skills (I swear this is legit this time)

DABOOMDOTCOM Seto_Writes ErrorMadnessQuits did I miss anyone?

My hand shook as I pulled the phone up to my ear. As the device collided to my skin I got a firmer grip on it. A small ringing sound filled the room. Light static but other than that nothing.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a ransom I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it," I said in a hushed voice.

"I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you. I will find you. And I will kill you." All I got in reply was a whisper. Yet the raspy voice that said those words scared me nonetheless.

"Good luck," the muffles said before a long beep went off. Silence. It was so thick but it didn't stop me from trembling furiously. I shoved the phone into my pocket, snapping out of my paralyzed state. I ran up the stairs to where Ty and Mason were hiding.

I entered my bedroom to see them huddled in a corner, Mason napping.

"We have to get out," I whispered as confidently as I could, "for Lyla." Ty's eyes lit up with fear and he began shaking more profusely, but he grabbed Mason's chubby 6 year old body, cradling it. He stood and nodded once at me with a small, forced smile.

I felt horrible. Alesa, Ty, Jocelyn, and I had decided to become a big family after a few months of me and Alesa dating again. A few years went by and we were going steady until they came. They murdered a lot of our friends, even people who we stopped being friends with. I don't know who they are or why they are after us but I know they're coming. The point is Alesa and Jocelyn died together, hugging.

In Ty's old house before they came and raised it. Though it didn't effect my physical state it did my emotional. Ty broke down, not taking it well at all. The hugging made him feel a bit better, knowing they died together, but hey, it hit us all quite hard. Of course I was worried but Ty, could have fooled you to think he has a disease. You can't really blame him, it's his bloodline we're talking about here.

I quickly gave a gesture with my hands to pick my boyfriend up, bridal style. He complied swiftly, so I scooped him up. The weight was a bit much but I handled it. I crept down the stairs of my house and glanced at a backpack near the door. It was full of supplies we would need to survive. We came prepared. I slipped on the grey bag before exiting my house. I didn't know if I would return.

I sighed slightly, seeing Ty falling asleep against me. Hopefully he wouldn't have another nightmare. He usually has those. Mason snuggles up to Ty. My family cuddling made me stop in my tracks. They're so damn adorable. I wish I could lay down and sleep with them- no. I-I need to continue fast.

"I'm so sorry Ty...." I gently whispered the sleeping boy, speed walking now. I will save Lyla. We will save Lyla. Together. As a family. Just as we always wanted.