31:- A Double Rescue

Comenzar desde el principio

“You can be such a fuddy duddy sometimes!” she laughed. “Relax, Maddie. We’re at a party. You were almost killed yesterday morning, you should be rejoicing. I’m going to dance.”

I wanted to tell her to be careful as she didn’t know them but I shrugged it off as she was having such a good time and I didn’t want to spoil it for her. When I tired of sitting alone and watching other people have fun, I texted Taralynn to meet me by my car. She responded and I got a glimpse of her with the guy on dreads. Oddly, he was leaning by a yellow car. I waited patiently by my car and soon, I spotted her coming, accompanied by the guy in dreads.

“Madison,” she giggled, “This is Tahj. He’s so cute, and he loves ballet!”

I frowned in disapproval as she was clearly drunk and couldn’t tell the difference between a guy who was looking for a quick hook up and one who loved ballet. “Thank you,” I said stiffly to him.

“Maybe I an’ my boys could escort you ladies. It ain’t safe for pretty mamas to be wandering around this big town alone,” he suggested with a cocky grin.

“No thank you,” I told him stiffly.

“Aw, come on,” he tried again, “Oh it’s no trouble at all.”

I noticed five other guys had surrounded us and a warning bell went off in my head screaming DANGER. I tried t sound firm and said, “No thanks, I’m sure we can manage without your help.”

“Keller,” one of them with dark hair that was on a buzz cut walked up to his friend on dreads, “Walk away now. You know he is not gonna like this. We don’t need to be doing no kidnapping job.”

“Shut the fuck up,” Keller hissed angrily at his friend. “What I say goes, got it?” He looked back at me and smiled, “Look I was hoping I could do this the easy way but uh...”

My heart began pounding and I said, “Please, leave us alone. You can take our car and money just...”

Keller wasn’t listening to me anymore. He nodded to his friends, “Get 'em and keep ‘em quiet.”

“Taralynn, run!” I screamed. I tried to run but my attempt was pitiful and I found myself hauled up instantly. I heard Taralynn scramming and cursing at hem angrily in Spanish and I felt the helpless feeling creep up on me slowly. “Please,” I sobbed, “leave us alone! What do you want with us?”

“All you need to know is,” he whispered harshly in my ear, “Somebody went through a lot of trouble to spring you and it’s not because of your charm.” He pressed a white cloth to my face.

Black spots appeared before my vision and I sank into oblivion.

I blinked back at the guy in dreads and asked, “Where is Taralynn?”

“In the other room,” he answered and sat on the floor. He opened a bag and brought out a can of Legend beer took a swig and held up the can, “You want some?” When I shook my head, he shrugged and continued drinking.