"C'mon bitch, show me what you got" she hissed.

I raised my eyebrows at her, quickly assessing the situation. Teddy stood semi-blocked in the bottom corner of the key, catching my eye and nodding shortly.

"Try and keep up" I smiled at Mel before passing the ball over her head to Teddy and running into the key, receiving a looped pass back and putting an alley-ooping it into the basket.

I heard hooting behind us and turned with a grin to see the guys standing in the doorway.

They cheered Teddy and I on, cackling at Mel's stupefied face.

Gabriel looked decently surprised, nodding his head at us.

"Excellent work, ladies. I'll post the result on the bulletin-board Monday morning. Good hustle everyone." he clapped his hands together before exiting the gym.

"Well damn, you guys showed her" Ryder grinned, pulling his sweaty girlfriend close and pressing a kiss to her lips.

I cooed silently at the two, sighing happily.

"It was all Echo" Teddy laughed, looking at me.

"No way, without our assist it would have been only half as glorious, seriously."

*

Archer offered to give me a ride home after we'd all showered and left the gym, leading me to his car once more.

I admired it once more before getting in and carefully running my hands over the dashboard.

"I'm starting to think you might steal my car" he said, dropping into his seat and starting the engine.

"Yeah I might just" I laughed, looking over at him.

He was sporting a leather jacket over a black t-shirt, and dark ray bans over his stunning eyes, looking as if he'd escaped right off a vogue cover.

I sighed again, turning to face the front and rolling the down the window again. The evening wind blew through my hair, and cooled my still warm face from the practice.

"You're in the team by the way" Archer stated after a couple minutes.

I turned my head to meet his gaze, "huh? I thought he's posting results Monday"

"I talked to him while you were changing. Said with you on the team there's a chance to beat the rivals. He needs a strong centre and now he's found one"

I grinned, doing a happy dance in my seat.

*

I directed Archer to my house, his car rolling to a stop in our driveway.

"Well thanks for the ride. I really appreciate it" I said smiling at him, grabbing my bag and jacket from the back seat.

"No problem. So listen, I know you're new and all and you don't have to come but the guys and Teddy, we're going out clubbing tonight. Don't know if you want to tag along. It'd be nice getting to know you better." he said, rubbing his neck.

I pushed the hair out of my face and nodded my head, "Yeah I'd love to. Thank you for inviting me."

"I'll text you the details when I get them figured out yeah?" he said, grinning.

I nodded my head and hopped out the car, happy at the prospect of going out with him - them, I meant them, I thought.

I waved at him as Archer rolled out back onto the street and drove away, turning to unlock the door.