From WWII.

My eyes widened and I stepped before everyone, and I held my held up to show I wasn't carrying anything dangerous. "Will, Will!" When I grabbed his attention, seeing his shaking like a Chihuahua, I added. "Calm down. We're not here to hurt you, especially me. I just need to ask you some questions."

He stopped, and after blinking multiple times he just stared at me. And then he screamed and ran away, "It came, it came! We're all gonna die!" He jumped through the bushes and away.

"The fuck?" I lifted my head in confusion. "This dude is mental."

Mark rolled his eyes and walked past me, "Bill, Larry, let's get this crazy fucker. We might have to kill him to end his damn misery."

I watched the two men mark call and two of our men run through the bushes to chase after the crazy man. I turned and walked into the man's tent and began to look around, seeing a bunch of drawings that he must have drew. I was shocked when I saw they were vague drawing of different era's, luckily is these men saw it they wouldn't see what it was.

But I did.

There was a messed-up drawing of a car, and another drawing of a ship sinking. The Titanic. And a Nazi sign.

This man was insane because something must have happened to him. Maybe.... Maybe he had the other key...

"Kill the poor fool," Vane ordered bitterly.

"No!" I gasped and almost stumbled when I stepped out of the tent. I saw that he was captured in the time I was in the tent, and his ankles and wrists were tight and he was laid against a palm tree. He had fear in his eyes when he saw me, and he squirmed. "The devil is alive!"

"Stop it," I tried to calm the man, even keeping my safe distance. "I'm not the devil, I'm just here to help you. Now be quiet and listen."

"Stay away from me you Siren!" He shouted the insult. "You come from the water! You are naught of this world! Go back where you come from-"

I covered his mouth with my hand, it wasn't forceful, just to get him to shut up. "Shhh," I said calmly. "I'm not here to hurt anyone, especially not you. I am no siren, and I don't come from the water like one. Now..." Seeing his body calm down a bit, I continued. "Are you going to be quiet?"

Slowly, he nodded.

"Are you sure?"

He repeated his slow nod.

"Okay..." I slowly moved my hand away, and wiped it on my pants. When he was silent I sighed with relief and stood up.

"The crazy bastard is finally silent," Vane sighed in relief. "You stole from me, old man. Where is it?"

"I owe you nothin'!" Will shouted. "You're just findin' a reason to kill me!"

"It seems yer two have a situation goin' on," Caspian spoke. "Ours, however, don't involve killing the old man. So, if yer may, allow us to speak to the man first. Then yer can do whatever yer wish."

"Sounds like a good plan to me," Vane turned and stepped away, taking a couple steps away along with his crew. Except for Mark, he remained close to ear shot, but with too many other things on my mind I didn't pay much attention to him.

"How did you get this?" I pointed to the canteen hanging from his side. He looked down at it, a small glimpse, before returning his gaze to me. "I don't know," He shook his head repeatedly. "I found it randomly, when I was drowning!" Out of nowhere, he started laughing. Laughing like he had truly lost his mind. "That was a week ago!"