Chapter 7: Amen.

Omg guys, I had no idea its been already a year since I last updated! Time flies so fast! Forgive me readers for the unfair wait, I didn't mean to! I was so occupied with my studies and school that I almost forgot about this lovely story! I hope I didn't anger you guys too much! Please enjoy this chapter of Keeping Secrets and don't forget to check out my other stories! I made a new one if you guys didn't know! :)

Enjoy~! 

Chapter 7: Amen. 

"I can't do this."

"Yes, yes, you can. Now come on, don't be such a child. We're going to be late."

"Okay fine, let me rephrase then." Sakura said stubbornly, pulling her arm back from Juugo's grasp. "I won't do this."

Her orange haired friend sighed, "And why is that?" he asked calmly, looking at Sakura with knowing eyes.

"It wasn't my fault okay!" Sakura said, pointing accusingly at Juugo, when she detected where the conversation was headed.

Juugo massaged his temples, with slight annoyance. "Saku..." he let the threat hang. They were just a few feet away from the school gate, when Sakura suddenly froze, and tried to sprint away. Well, 'tried' being the absolute keyword. Juugo, who had seen this coming from a mile away, grasped Sakura's collar and made her attempt impossible.

"You're going to be alright, Saku. Just don't do anything extravagant for the next couples of days, then everyone will soon forget." he advised mildly.

Sakura looked at him hesitantly, and Juugo felt himself brighten up with hope.

"Nope, I'm still not going," she declared.

Juugo sighed at her yet again, "Saku..." he threatened lightly, starting to get the slightest bit annoyed. When the girl just huffed at him, and turned her head, he pinched the back of his nose. How could the maniac from yesterday, and this annoying kid be the same? It was hard to believe even if you had watched the transformation. He couldn't forget the look of the third years, as he watched his petite and fragile looking friend. "You made me do this," he clarified, shaking his thoughts off before he grasped the panicking 'boy' and threw him over his left shoulder, like he would a bag of potatoes, holding both their bags in his right hand.

"Juugo!" Sakura protested loudly, earning the two even more stares than they already received, to which Juugo paid no mind to. "Put me down! Put me down! Put me down!"she whined, hitting Juugo's back with her fists in a rather girlie way. Sakura kept thrashing all the way through the school grounds, until she finally gave up once they entered the hallway, and settled for pouting at the unfairness of the world, missing Juugo's small smirk of victory.

Juugo reached Sakura's class, pushing the door aside with the hand he held the bags with. Eyes darted to him as he walked in, Sakura still hanging down his back, sulking with crossed arms. He reached her desk, dumped her bag on it, and then carefully plopped her down in her seat.

Sakura ignored him completely, suddenly finding the black board oh so interesting. Juugo shook his head amused, before smiling affectionately at Sakura, making sure no one saw it. He then petted her head and turned to leave, "See you at lunch, Saku." was his parting words.

As soon as the sound of the door closing was heard, every single pair of eyes turned towards the pinkette. Sakura winced internally, sinking down on her seat slightly and glancing around the room as to avoid the eyes boring into her skull. Her eyes met with the turquoise ones of Sabaku no Gaara. Nervously she looked away, determined to avoid his knowing eyes.

Damn it, she really regretted going on a rampage yesterday.

His eyes narrowed at her, and she sunk down on her chair even more to avoid him as much as possible, the intensity of them was too much. "It's no use," a low voice sounded, "You really should stop pretending. Especially after the scene you made yesterday." Sakura blinked in surprise. That was the first time she had heard Gaara talk. "You know... You're pretty annoying." he said, his face in the scowl it always was in.