Chapter 4: Second Years Gets Suspicious

"Sakura!"

"Ino-chan!" Sakura greeted back cheerfully, not managing to dodge the hug her blonde friend gave her.

"Sakura-chan." greeted her other best friend silently, giving a gentle smile.

Sakura tilted her head, throwing back a smile. "Good morning, Hinata-chan!" She greeted, "I'm amazed; you managed to get that lazy Ino-chan out of bed." She laughed, as she easily dodged the punch the blonde threw at her.

Ino was standing, like Hinata, in her school uniform. Her arms were crossed, a wrinkle in her forehead. "Oh, shut up. I know you missed me, Forehead!" she huffed, sending a playful glare at the pinkette.

Sakura smiled, it had been awhile since she had last seen those baby blue eyes, and that silky platinum colored hair. She rolled her eyes, a wide smile on her face, as the blonde flipped her bangs dramatically. "Sure. I totally missed your conceited, annoying, dramatic ass," She said, sticking out her tongue.

Ino rolled her eyes in response, "I can feel the love, Forehead," she said sarcastically, earning a snort from the pinkette, who easily continued to dodge a load of punches from the blonde.

Hinata frowned slightly, before sighing, her pale, nearly white eyes shinned pleadingly. "Now now, girls... It's been a while since we last saw each other." She started, her always gentle and innocent smile back on her face. "So Sakura-chan, Ino-chan. No fighting, please." she softly scolded the two.

Ino huffed, looking away with a pout on her face. "…she started it." She childishly pointed out.

Sakura rolled her eyes yet again, "Real mature, Ino-chan," she mumbled, quietly so that the blonde wouldn't hear her.

Hinata turned her attention towards her, "How is school, Sakura-chan?" she asked in interest, slight worry in her voice.

As Sakura was about to answer Ino jumped into the conversation, a familiar look in her eyes; one Sakura didn't quite like. "Any eye candy over there?" she asked, playfully winking at Sakura, elbowing her in the side repeatedly.

Sakrua thought for a moment, "Well, not really… I mean, they all look pretty average to m-" her sentence was interrupted, by a very familiar deep voice.

"Saku!"

Her two girl friends looked curiously at her, as she turned around, greeting her best male friend. "Mornin' Juugo!" she said loudly, smiling brightly at the slightly panting male.

The orange head smiled back, "Good morning!" he said, ruffling Sakura's neatly tied hair, earning a scowl from the pinkette.

She glared at him lightly; it had become a habit for him to always ruin her hair. She pouted, intending to say something, when someone, namely Ino, cleared their voice behind her.

Rolling her eyes she said, "…right, sorry Ino-chan. Juugo, this is Yamanaka Ino. She's a rude, narcissistic bit- Ouch, what was that Ino-chan?!" Sakura pouted, looking accusingly at the blonde, who snorted at her.

Ino smirked in victory, "You're getting rusty, Forehead." She stated, examining her rainbow colored nails.

Sakura crossed her arms, "Lucky shot." She defended, before turning back to the smirking Juugo.

She flushed in embarrassment, "Anyway," she said, eager to move onto another topic, "this is Hyuuga Hinata. Girls, this is Hokkaido Juugo, my best friend from school." She introduced quickly.

Hinata looked at him uncertain, eyes quickly reverting to the ground.

He was tall, quite handsome, but also… a little scary.