Chapter 6: What Is Up With the Haruno Family!?

Chapter 6: What Is Up With the Haruno Family?!

"Haruno Sakura, what were you thinking?!"

Sakura winced, a sheepish look on her face as she stared at her grandfather.  She didn't know why he was so mad, she had been in fights before, more serious ones, and he hadn't uttered a single word about them. But now, because she was in one fight, one single fight where she hadn't even messed up her opponent to bad, he was furious as ever.

Sakura frowned, "Can't you cut me some slack? I mean it's not like I started the fight, it was those assholes that did it…" she mumbled the last part, irritated.

Her grandfather shot her a glare, "Young lady, what have I told you about proper language?!" she nearly snorted, he was a yakuza boss using words like those on everyday basis, but when she, his granddaughter, used them hell froze over.

She sighed, "…Not to use cuss words…" she mumbled out, seeing that in his current mood she wouldn't get away with a smart remark.

"Correct," he crossed his arms in front of his chest, "Now… why were you in a fight in the first place?"

She immediately got defensive, "As I said before, it wasn't my fault it was─"

"I don't care who started the fight! You're my granddaughter, and should do as told, so when I told you not to fight I meant it!"

She frowned, "It's not like I'm gonna be expelled from the school, the place literally revolves around fighting…"

He sighed, "I'm not worried you'll be expelled, Sakura, I'm worried someone will find out. It would be complicated if they did, and you know it." He said, giving her a pointed look.

She snorted, "Then why send me to such a school in the first place? I mean, what's up with that? You know I'd be bound to fight sooner or later." She raised a brow at him, pulling her legs up under her in the sofa.

Her grandfather laughed sheepishly, "Well… Sarutobi and I maybe have had a tiny little bet…" he admitted, scratching his neck.

Sakura gapped at him, "A bet? You neglected my education because of a bet with one of your drinking pals? I cannot believe you!" she said, sounding near disgust.

Her grandfather snorted, "Oh, Please. It's not like you needed more teaching, the only reason you didn’t accelerate before is because you won’t be able to study with Ino and Hinata."

Sakura had nothing to say, because he was right, "Well, I… I…" she tried.

He grandfather smirked in victory.

Sakura suddenly seemed to remember something, "What was that bet about?" she asked, her voice in a dangerous low tone.

Her grandfather laughed again, a nervous smile on his face, "Well…"

"Tazekawa Shin, what the hell was the bet about?" she demanded, her grandfather for once not correcting her language.

"…it might have had something to do with how long it would take before the first fight came…"

Sakura blinked, looking puzzled at her grandfather, then she glared at him, "So that's why you were so mad at me? Because you lost the bet!" it wasn't an accusation, because she knew she was right, "It is!" she confirmed, pointing accusingly at him.

"Now, now, Sakura, I was also thinking about your well being. It isn't normal for a girl your age to be getting in so much trouble…" he tried, Sakura looking unimpressed at him.

With a huff, she turned around, "Shut it, old man, you're unbelievable…" she sighed as she made her way to the door, opening it and leaving her grandfather behind.