Chapter 5 | Silence Can't Be Kept Forever

Weeks passed and the incident that happened was cleaned up without anyone's knowledge. The wreckage didn't happen any further but letters kept coming as they continued harassing you. You didn't tell anyone seeing as this was your issue and you had to deal with it with yourself.

At dinner that night, servants joined their masters for dinner to celebrate the [L. Name]'s thirty generations of service to the Kim family. The servants sat at one side of the long dining table while the masters sat on the opposite side.

"So [Y. Name], it's been weeks since you've arrived." The earl, Mr. Kim started as he engaged a conversation with you. You looked up at your master with a hum as you put your full attention on him. "How does it feel to be back?" He finished as he intertwined his fingers and tucked them underneath his chin.

"Ah, it's been wonderful seeing everyone again. The young masters have grown so much since the last time I saw them." You expressed your blissfulness of finally returning to serve the estate, not noticing the seven flustered expressions.

"Really? What have you been doing in your absence?" Her mistress, Mrs. Kim asked you curiously. You gulped as bit your lip nervously. "I deeply apologise madam but this information is to be told another time seeing as that it's highly confidential." You apologised sincerely as you looked down at your half eaten plate.

Your seven masters all shared a look of confusion and desperation. Mrs. Kim nods her head. "I understand [Y. Name], when the time calls for it come straight to us." She smiled softly as she understood your reason. You nodded your head in thanks.

"But hyung! You've just packed up and left and was gone for god-knows-how-long and then suddenly appear years later? Why can't you just tell us?!" Jungkook slammed his palms on the dining table as he stood up abruptly, chair scuffing against the hardwood floor as he frowned at you. "Jungkook!" Mr. Kim hissed as he gave a warning look towards the said boy.

"I'm sick of you hiding things from us! I thought we were really close all those years ago but I guess I was wrong." Jungkook continued to raise his voice at you as tears slowly cascaded down his face.

"Young master, I'm sorry bu-"

"Don't try and apologise! Don't talk to me! Don't come near me! I HATE YOU!" Jungkook interrupted what you were about to say as his words were like a dagger and bullet to your heart. You looked at him with wide eyes as you stared at him in shock. With that, he scampered to his room.

You looked down at your plate as your thought took over your mind while tears started to brim your eyes, you bit your lip as you held your tears back. "He's right, I'm hiding too many secrets" You thought. "I'm an asshole, what have I done?" Another negative thought crossed your mind. "I shouldn't be here..." You murmured bitterly as you stood up to walk to your quarters.

"Hyung wait!"

"Leave him be Jin."

"But Yoongi!"

"He wants to be alone for a while."

"Fine..."

•••

That night, Jungkook sat in his room huddled in his blankets as he cried to himself. He really didn't mean to hurt [Y. Name] with his words but he needed to express how he felt about the secrets his favourite butler was hiding. A knock was heard from his door. "Come in." He murmured through his tears as he permitted the person to enter.

"Hey Jungkook." The voice greeted him. Jungkook realised it was Jin. "Hi." He answered simply as he turned to face the wall. "You know... [Y. Name] is really hurt from your words." Jin explained to the younger as he looked up at him sadly. "Not as hurt as I am." Jungkook frowns. "He's never expressed how he felt so I just saw him as a non-emotive person." Jungkook continued as he curled into a ball as he hugged the blankets around him tighter.