Suspicion

__________________________ Steve's POV _____________________________

"We can't just leave him to his own devices! He is seriously dangerous. Not even the stupid kind of dangerous!" Tony exclaimed, slamming his hand down in front of Fury. His face was contorted between confusion and anger, while Nick stayed calm.
"We won't be. But we cannot simply neglect every other duty that we have to look for a man that is practically invisible. The government is already frustrated by the last mess you made." Nick calmly stated, although his tense body would tell you otherwise.
"There is no reason that we cannot spare some time to look for him! We don't even know what his fucking plans are!" Tony growled back.
"Language! There is a child in the next room over!" I glared at him.
"Ah, speaking of this child... where did he come from? And what are he and the other girl doing her?" Nick growled out, his posture held only suspicion.
"Her name is Max!" I spat, "And her and her brother are welcome here. You have said so yourself!"
"What do you mean, I never said she could live here," He snapped back, his face twisted.
"Yes, you said family was always welcome." I sneered. Confusion filled everyone's faces as they registered what I said.
"Steve, we found her in a park! She is not someone who you have know for your entire life. All of your family is gone. You have said so yourself." Bruce addressed me, as if I was insane.
"I know! I know I said that. But I also know tha..."I trailed off is there was a thump is the living room, and Gazzy's loud giggles.
"What... was that?" Thor muttered. Tentatively, I walk over to the door and opened it. I was highly supplied when no bomb went off. I stepped through to see Max glaring at Gazzy as he laughed.
She turned to face us as the others came through the doorway.
"Oh, good. I needed to talk to you. Do you know anyone by the name Loki?"
____________________________ Fang's POV____________________________
I admit, maybe kicking Max out wasn't the best idea, but we were fine without her. It really hurt when Gazzy took off with no warning. Only leaving behind a note;
Hey guys,
I doubt you will understand, but I have gone to be with Max. She has always been my mother and sister. You kicked her out without talking about it first. If you need me, or get your heads out of your asses just find the name Tony Stark.
Love you always,
Gazzy.
Needless to say, we were all a little heart broken. We pushed through. The next couple of days were spent trying to figure out where we were going to stay. The flock and I were ready for a normal life. We, mainly Iggy and I, decided that we would get an apartment in New York City. It was busy enough to his us well. It took forever and a day to find a good apartment (ignoring money problems, they all have money), but eventually we got all moved in. It was about two weeks later (same day Max is supposed to meet with Loki with her decision), when I met Loki. Iggy took Nudge, Angle, and Total to the park leaving me on my own. I was on a roof top when, he appeared behind me.
"So there are more of you!" The man exclaimed. He was very strange looking. He had longish black hair, and was wear some type of armed. However the strange part was that he had a long green cape, a helmet, and a staff.
"What the he'll are you talking about? Why the hell are you up here!" I barked out.
"I know this girl. Her name is Max. I am supposed to be meeting her here this evening." He replied calmly. "She is like you, with the wings and mistrust."
"You know Max?" I asked suspiciously. "They why don't you tell me who she is staying with."
"Oh, I was hoping you could tell me. But I am seeing that you two are not on the best of terms, so you probably don't know." He smirked.
"Of course I know. Tony Stark, that's his name." I spat out without my permission. It was like something grabbed hold of my mind.
His eyebrows shot up. "Really, she never mentioned that. I assume it's not possible that she didn't know, so I bet she was a spy." He spat, "But such a pretty one. "

A/N- alright! 760 words! Sorry this took so long. I hope you guys haven't given up on the story. I would love to hear what you think will happen! PLEASE Review! I love the feed back. Chocolate chip cookies for reading though!