49

The next day started in a relatively better way than the night had ended. In fact, it started in a perfect way. As I walked down the stairs, I could smell the delicious scent of pancakes wafting through the air. I inhaled deeply.

"Dad. You're making panca-. . ."

I looked up to see three people in the kitchen. My father who was flipping a pancakes, Layla who smirked and winked at me, and lastly, Jimin who looked at me with such an intense gaze that I felt my toes curl and a blush spread across my face.

My dad turned around at my voice. A smile lit up his face.

"Amber. Look who's here."

I forced myself to break my gaze away from Jimin who looked so handsome in all black attire; black ripped jeans, a black full sleeves shirt, and an apron tied around his waist.

"Your friends."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

He didn't know about Jimin being something more than friends to me. He had no idea Jimin was my boyfriend now. Just the thought of him being my boyfriend had the butterflies in my stomach come to life.

"Yeah."

I walked towards the table and sat on one of the seats, all the while ignoring Jimin's penetrating gaze on me. I didn't know why but I suddenly felt shy in his presence. And I was confused too how did my dad let him in. I mean he didn't even know Jimin at all.

"Amber. Why didn't you tell me?" Layla whispered harshly into my ear, taking a seat next to me.

"Tell you what?"

"That you and Jimin are a thing now."

I started coughing. The water went down my windpipe due to Layla's blunt statement. I glared at her, coughing. She shrugged. And then patted my back. I looked up to see Jimin with an amused smile and my cheeks turned pink.

He winked at me, making my eyes widen.

. . .

As promised, here's the next chapter, enjoy.