Chapter: 7

"It's particularly hard to take being stabbed in the back close to home. There's always a feeling of betrayal when people of your own group oppose you." Catharine MacKinnon 

Adriano Pov~

"I don't understand. Why go through all the work of having Matteo fly all the way over there just to call his kids bastards and belittle his wife, and yours too? Don't you think it's a little too much?" Stefano asks looking around the room at the men.  I smirked and shook my head "The council is known for being over the top. It just shows how serious they really are." Matteo answered. 

I sat back in my chair looking at my 5 men in the office. Matteo filled us in on what happened in Italy. I was beyond angry, I remained silent the whole time listening to the men try to strategize the whole situation. On the outside I knew they felt my anger they always knew when it bared it ugly head. 

"What you gonna do boss?" Niccolo asks looking at me from his chair in the corner of the room. "I think we had enough of this back and forth game. It's time to talk face to face. Man to man." I said my voice rough showing how enraged I was. Not only did they think my wife, my amore , was a piece of nothing, they also disrespected my kids. My nephews and nieces. My Family

No one does that, no one ever had the fucking balls to talk down my family. And they won't live to do it again. 

"What are you saying Adriano?" Giovanni asked, his face not liking the answer I'm about to give. 

I stood up, both my fists holding me up on the table as I was seething

"They don't know fuck about my family, about me, about this mafia. They sit on they fucking thrones in Italy while I am the one doing all the fucking work! No..." I chuckled sadistically at the end.  

"This is a game. And we are gonna play it the smart way. Matteo, Giovanni, round up your families. We are taking a trip to Italy."  Matteo grins and Giovanni gave me this weary look but nodded understanding he had no choice. 

We are gonna give them exactly what they want. 

--------------------------------------------

"Italy!" Gianna exclaims with her hands on her hips as she stood in the middle of our room. Her face look slightly pissed off which only made her look even more adorable. 

I took a step forward and sighed as she took a step back. She gave me 'Don't you think about it' look. "Amore i'm sorry I just sprung this on you but with the council basically saying 'fuck you' to my kids and my beloved wife, I have to deal with them myselves. I can't leave you and the kids here without me for who knows how long. I have no fucking idea what the council is capable of, that's why I have to be there to see for myself." I finished my little rant, taking every step closer to her. I reached her instantly wrapping my arms around her small frame pulling her to me. 

She looked up at me with those chocolate brown eyes I fall in love with everytime I look in them. She nodded and smiled a little. "Okay, I guess we are going to Italy." She whispers. I smiled and lifted her chin kissing her gently. She pulled away with a wink, as I still held her in my embrace. "Adriano you know we have 9 kids." She said more as a statement. I nodded and smiled "I remember making them too." I said wiggling my eyebrows. 

She scoffs hitting my arm playfully making me laugh. "You mister are gonna help me, help them pack." She smiled as she held my hand pulling me out the door while I groaned. 

Alessandra Pov~

I was stuffing my bags with clothes because apparently we were going to Italy. Which I don't mind at all! That means no school, no homework, and no annoying teachers. Yes!! But I am gonna be stuck with my crazy family on one private jet for about 9 hours. I doubt anyone would enjoy that. But I also heard from Aunt Mili that Italy has the greatest little shops and boutiques.